Sign in to follow this  
andreadebiase

Weird texture flickering

Sorry not strictly a PMDG 737 problem although there is one parked at the finger. i was hoping to pick on your profound knowledge and ask you if you know what causes that weird texture flickering by the walls of the airport. I hope you can see the video. It's like FSX is trying to overlay two different afcad files for the same subject...

https://youtu.be/-5OJPQFeT2c

thank you

Looks like two different airport scenery's are overlapped and fighting for dominance. My guess is you have a default and a 3rd part scenery enabled.  Do a search for the airport .bgl file in your Sim folder and see if both are active. Example, San Francisco is (KSFO.bgl).  If this is the case you might want to disable the one you don't want.

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

Looks like two different airport scenery's are overlapped and fighting for dominance. My guess is you have a default and a 3rd part scenery enabled.  Do a search for the airport .bgl file in your Sim folder and see if both are active. Example, San Francisco is (KSFO.bgl).  If this is the case you might want to disable the one you don't want.

and this makes perfectly sense but i'll be damned if i can find more than 1 bgl file for this....driving me nuts

Its quite simple actually. Once you search within the sim folder, your sim, FSX for instance, it should populate anything related to eg,..KSFO regardless of its location. Click on 'TYPE' on the top window so fsx puts the files in their perspective order and locate the bgl in question. It should be easy to identify based on where its installed..for any files that is NOT in the location that you want active, just deactivate it by renaming the file name by adding .old to it. (eg., KSFO.bgl.old). If there are no 3rd party scenery and the scenery was upgraded with a newer AFCAD you should be able to do the same.

NOTE: This is not the holly grail answer, but this does work for me. Best of luck

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

Once you search within the sim folder

How do you do this? I have searched the computer by using the Start Button and typing what I am looking for in the Search Box but I have never searched Microsoft Flight Simulator X.

My sim folder for example is: E:\FSX

Microsoft default location is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight simulator X

Troy Kemp