Sign in to follow this  
pecquais

GPS 430/530 crash

Hi,

when i am trying to type a FPL in The FPL menu, after a few waypoint, i receive this message of error from the MS visual C++ Debug Library:

Program: C\\\\\Prepar3D.exe

File fprintf.c

Line 55

Expression: (str != NULL)

and GPS freeze and P3D crashes

Help!

I have the same problem.

Hi,

when i am trying to type a FPL in The FPL menu, after a few waypoint, i receive this message of error from the MS visual C++ Debug Library:

Program: C\\\\\Prepar3D.exe

File fprintf.c

Line 55

Expression: (str != NULL)

and GPS freeze and P3D crashes

Help!

Are either of you using updated navaid scenery from a third party?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I'm using Navigraph navaid data with ProAtc/X when P3D crashes while making flight plan entries on the 530.

If I don't use ProAtc/X the 530 will hang until airborn while making flight plan entries but does not cause P3D to crash. Eventually the 530 finds the waypoint and all is well.

You have not installed Herve Sor's navaid update files?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Please download and install the latest version to ensure this is not an older issue.  No need to uninstall, just download new installer and run it.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Ok.... are either of you using FSUIPC?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Yes, I'm using FSUIPC.

OK, I downloaded and installed the latest version.

Without ProAtc/X there is a delay entering the first waypoint in the flight plan of about 2 minutes before it's recognized. If you press enter the waypoint is not entered in the plan. If you wait the 2 minutes the waypoint is recognized and you can hit enter. As you enter the waypoint the first three characters register changes in possible waypoint location but starting with the fourth character is when the delay begins. This delay is there for the first two waypoints. It goes away for the third and successive waypoints.

With a ProAtc/X flight plan activated the delay is about double but when you hit enter for the waypoint Prepar3Dv3 crashes.

What is a "ProAtc/X flight plan" and is it physically connected to the sim?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

ProAtc/X is software that provides a more realistic ATC interaction. The flight plan is created in ProAtc/X and inserted into Prepar3D. I then go into the GNS 530 to enter a matching flight plan.

I have the same problem.

I have  installed Herve Sor's navaid update files but uninstalled them.

Is there any pb further?

ProAtc/X is software that provides a more realistic ATC interaction. The flight plan is created in ProAtc/X and inserted into Prepar3D. I then go into the GNS 530 to enter a matching flight plan.

That's the source of your problem.  Our 430/530 units use the GPS flight plan to give the autopilot something to follow.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Not sure I understand. ProAtc/X doesn't automatically load the flight plan into the GPS. That's why I was trying to build a flight plan in the 530 to match what was loaded into Prepar3D from ProAtc/X. So ProAtc/X loads a plan into Prepar3D only and nothing to the GPS.