Sign in to follow this  
Skyseek

Multi Monitor Configuration FSX VC 3D vs 2D panel

I am contemplating setting up multiple monitors.. Almost every A/C I fly is via the Virtual Cockpit.  The biggest issue is that it appears the Virtual Cockpit is embedded into the primary outside display.  My question is for flight simmers that use multiple monitors... Is there a way to detach the Virtual Cockpit and move it to another monitor? I believe the 2D panels you can detach and move to other monitors.

I am looking for ideas on how to best configure FSX  with (3)  27 in monitors.

I have watched some YouTube videos on multiple monitor configurations, but they didn't really deal with the Virtual Cockpit.

Thanks!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I would agree. Moving the VC isnt ideal.

I think if you want a good multi monitor setup you need other hardware.

I use a monitor for the outside world (soon to be 3)

Then 2 monitors for instruments. I have a MCP, FMS on Tablet and CH Product fight controls.

If you use something like the PMDG777 you dont need the vc. 

I use snap views for the overhead.

It takes a bit of setting up but using software such as FSUIPC, LINDA, FS2crew you can get a great setup going.

On a networked pc with another monitor i have pro atc x, ASN, PFPX and navigraph. Its like having an EFB.

On P3d with the Pmdg777 i get 50fps and its smooth most of the time.

I run a i7 4790k with a GTX970 and GTX760. I made a cockpit to house the monitors from MDF. Painted it like the 777. Looks pretty good.

Good luck with it. Its what makes our hobby so good.

Is there a way to detach the Virtual Cockpit and move it to another monitor?

I'm not quite sure what you're asking here, but I will assume you want to use the VC on one screen with an outside view on three others? Yes, you can easily do this - the VC view is just another window. BUT it is a 3D view, so you will need (at least) two 3D views open - one for the VC (even if you crop the view out) and one for the outside view. That will kill your performance. And don't even think about three windows for the outside view, for the same reason.