Sign in to follow this  
Manny

What combination of Addons for UK/Heathrow is reasonable?

Btw, it's easy to move all OLC entries by using FTXCentral tool, you just drag OLC representation line down below but just above UTX Landclass (Custom, Urban, Vegetation) entries. If you don't manually remove/disable those by UTX I believe you should have your current landclass ABOVE your previous one, please confirm.

PS: just in case, check out your ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPEX position in P3D Scenery Library. To some reason EUROPE10 always tends to go right below EUROPE1 (old story), so I manually move it in the Lirbrary below EUROPE9 entry, but I don't know if it affects anything. Also, I've disabled UT Landclass entries in the Library.

I hadn't set an Orbx entry point, but It's something I will do in due course. The last software load was a reinstall on a new SSD, so I loaded most addons in pretty much the sequence I wanted them in the library.   Regarding the landclass order, that is also my understanding. I'm not at the sim right now but from memory I had unticked some of the UTX landclass entries.

I had noticed the Orbx stuff appears out of sequence in the scenery library. When I moved them into numerical order it didn't seem to affect operation, but any time I ran FTX Central, the Orbx entries in the scenery Library were shuffled back out of sequence again, so I decided to leave them.

How do you find the Heathrow area looks on your system now with Open LC installed, and did it get rid of the white patches you had mentioned.

John B

How do you find the Heathrow area looks on your system now with Open LC installed, and did it get rid of the white patches you had mentioned.

John, actually I like it very much what I'm seeing now in London area. FTXGlobal+UTX+OLC + UK2000 airports is an excellent combination (seemingly better than FTXVector!). I'll be flying (travelling) to Heathrow next week anyway so I'll refresh my mental picture of the surroundings and compare it to P3D. ))  I'll need to check VAS with PMDG777 in the area yet and then, hopefully, I'm totally happy with all my tweaks and add-on combinations. I can say already that I'm close to flying in the area with most settings higher than medium! I'll post my final results.

Cheers,

Dirk.

I can fly out of egll but close to the 4gig limit something around the lam vor allways triggers a 500mb jump in vas reguardless of plane or scenary combo cant locate it . Unless i leave egll with 750mb of vas free i will oom can just do it on low settings no vector no ftx england flying a 747 . Wish i could find the vas drain spent several fruitless hours disbleing scenary .

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d