Sign in to follow this  
Jazzfan

Orbx FTX EU Germany North Released!

Has anyone bought it and tested it out in P3Dv3.35 yet? My internet is slow tonight, it's showing 3 hours to completion.  :mad:

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yep, me.

I have been eagerly waiting for it. My previous solution was FTX OpenLC EU + Vector which I never was really happy with in view of the wildly scattered buildings and uncoordinated roads.

These are gone now. I made a short test flight in Berlin from EDDT to EDDB tonight, and Berlin looks like it should now.  Extended blocks of buildings properly aligned an in the right places. While locals will certainly find one or another omission or misplaced object, the large-scale structure which I know  well is properly represented. There's a host of nice POIs to discover, they devoted quite some effort to them..

Aiports are enhanced, but - expectedly - not the quality of payware addons. They are a mixture of custom and default elements but feature ORBX elements like people flow. If you own FTX NCA and loop upon KSFO being "in the middle" between default and the FlightBeam representation, it's similar here. I own Aerosoft EDDT and EDDB, but uninstalled them temporarily to get an impression, and they are still way better. However, otherwise GEN would have a price tag of 400 $, so that's completely okay with me. I hope addon builders will build upon FTX GEN with proper representaions of, say, EDDH, in thre future.

Performance is really good for a city like Berlin and even better than with the OpenLC/Vector combination. My medicore system (see sig) provides 20+ fps most of the time over Berlin, with a short episode of stutter over Tiergarten (which I am tempted to ascribe to Prepar3d3.3, I read several people are having such episodes occasionally). Outside Berlin it's 30 fps limited by my monitor frequency. That's with no options lowered in the Control Panel and (too) high P3D settings.

For a first screenie by me see below. I find Sascha Norman and his crew have done a wonderful work.

Kind regards, Michael

FTX_GEN_Berlin_small.jpg

have been eagerly waiting for it. My previous solution was FTX OpenLC EU + Vector which I never was really happy with in view of the wildly scattered buildings and uncoordinated roads.

These are gone now. I made a short test flight in Berlin from EDDT to EDDB tonight, and Berlin looks like it should now.  Extended blocks of buildings properly aligned an in the right places. While locals will certainly find one or another omission or misplaced object, the large-scale structure which I know  well is properly represented. There's a host of nice POIs to discover, they devoted quite some effort to them..

Aiports are enhanced, but - expectedly - not the quality of payware addons. They are a mixture of custom and default elements but feature ORBX elements like people flow. If you own FTX NCA and loop upon KSFO being "in the middle" between default and the FlightBeam representation, it's similar here. I own Aerosoft EDDT and EDDB, but uninstalled them temporarily to get an impression, and they are still way better. However, otherwise GEN would have a price tag of 400 $, so that's completely okay with me. I hope addon builders will build upon FTX GEN with proper representaions of, say, EDDH, in thre future.

Performance is really good for a city like Berlin and even better than with the OpenLC/Vector combination. My medicore system (see sig) provides 20+ fps most of the time over Berlin, with a short episode of stutter over Tiergarten (which I am tempted to ascribe to Prepar3d3.3, I read several people are having such episodes occasionally). Outside Berlin it's 30 fps limited by my monitor frequency. That's with no options lowered in the Control Panel and (too) high P3D settings.

Great feedback Michael, thanks