Sign in to follow this  
freded

FLT NO Request shows "NO ROUTES AVAILABLE"

Download KIADEDDF01 at this link - https://www.dropbox.com/s/bypwcl5mkvxp0x7/KIADEDDF01.rte?dl=0. Copy and paste to PMDG\FLIGHPLANS\777. Set the 777 up at 01C at KIAD. Enter KIADEDDF01 in the scratchpad and line select it to CO ROUTE. Activate it and execute it. This is a route created by PFPX and has no SID or STAR. This is just to see it your files and folders structure are okay. Let me know if you have anything on the legs page.

Thanks Michael, for telling me of the pitfalls of using EMT. I do have it on my machine and, not knowing about its snags, I last used it on 23 June 2016! :fool:  I'm now wondering if this is the cause of my problems.

So can you please tell me how to reverse any changes it will have made to my registry? When I just tried to run EMT, it refused, saying that P3D had to be closed first. I'd rather not do that if possible...

Mark

Download KIADEDDF01 at this link - https://www.dropbox.com/s/bypwcl5mkvxp0x7/KIADEDDF01.rte?dl=0. Copy and paste to PMDG\FLIGHPLANS\777. Set the 777 up at 01C at KIAD. Enter KIADEDDF01 in the scratchpad and line select it to CO ROUTE. Activate it and execute it. This is a route created by PFPX and has no SID or STAR. This is just to see it your files and folders structure are okay. Let me know if you have anything on the legs page.

Michael, I have now downloaded KIADEDDF01 and selected it to CO ROUTE. When I Activated and Executed it I found that ACT RTE 1 LEGS shows 9 pages of waypoints: starting with SWANN and finishing with ROLIS. Is this correct? (When I did the above, PFO103 was still in FLT NO.)

So does this imply  that my file/folder structure is indeed OK? And if so, what do I do now? As this Route is not the same as PFO103.

Mark

So can you please tell me how to reverse any changes it will have made to my registry?

I have never used it. So I have no idea how to correct any problems it may have caused in your registry. Maybe Kyle Rodgers or Dan Downs will see this post and be able to help you. Sorry.

9 pages of waypoints: starting with SWANN and finishing with ROLIS. Is this correct? (When I did the above, PFO103 was still in FLT NO.)

That is correct. In this case PRO103 is just considered a flight number and has nothing to do with the route.

So does this imply that my file/folder structure is indeed OK? And if so, what do I do now? As this Route is not the same as PFO103.

Start a new flight at KIAD and follow the direction in exact order as detailed at the top of page 31. Between certain steps there maybe a short delay before the next page or prompt appears.

Thanks Michael, for telling me of the pitfalls of using EMT. I do have it on my machine and, not knowing about its snags, I last used it on 23 June 2016!   I'm now wondering if this is the cause of my problems.

Yes. It absolutely is the cause of your issues.

The EMT is telling your computer that FSX, FSX:SE, P3Dv2, and P3Dv3 are all FSX. If I'm a program and I ask Windows "hey, where's P3Dv3?" and you've used the EMT to shove FSX-based programs into P3D, then Windows will tell me "P3Dv3 is located at F:\FSX." I then look for a P3D file in F:\FSX and can't find it, simply because I'm trying to rely on the Windows registry, which has been intentionally, deceptively modified, to hack around the way programs understand where programs are to get them to think it's another program.

That is to say, you're telling your 777 "go get this flight file" [from the P3DFolder\PMDG\777 location].

The 777 asks the computer "hey, what is the P3DFolder path?"

The computer responds with "P3DFolder is F:\FSX" (or whatever it is on your system - it may be a false path to a fake FSX.exe if you don't have FSX on your comp).

The 777 then looks for a file at F:\FSX\PMDG\777 and doesn't find it because it's being told to look in the wrong spot.

That's all kind of a simplified example, but still it's really an awful program from the perspective of...you know...actually getting your computer to behave the way it's supposed to.

Before I move on, I must implore you to pay attention to this one last bit:

Make sure you pay attention to EVERYTHING you are putting on your computer. The fact that on the last page you were unsure of whether or not you had the EMT on your computer is somewhat worrying. As you can see now, a "simple" program that a number of people are using can cause quite a lot of frustration. Other programs could also cause quite a bit of damage. A lot of people place a TON of faith and power in the hands of anti-virus (AV) programs, but the first (and most effective) line of defense is you. You could theoretically go without an AV program entirely and still be reasonably safe by simply being smart about what you put on your computer, and where you're browsing online.

So can you please tell me how to reverse any changes it will have made to my registry? When I just tried to run EMT, it refused, saying that P3D had to be closed first. I'd rather not do that if possible...

Use this page to find the proper registry keys, and ensure those keys point to your ACTUAL P3D location. Additionally, make sure that you REMOVE any keys that the EMT has added to falsely tell your computer that the program is there when it really isn't (usually older versions of P3D).

http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv2/LearningCenter/getting_help/getting_help.html

Kyle Rodgers

I must have done this successfully before when the tutorial was released, but I tried it again just now and it won't work with the current version. If I enter PFO103 as the flight number and then select ROUTE REQUEST it opens the REQUEST CO ROUTE menu where you can select the 777 folder and then a company route. But if I enter KIAD as the departure airfield first and then PFO103 in the flight number it will load the route correctly.

This is using FSX-SE, not P3D and the EMT, but the cause might be related in some way..

ki9cAAb.jpg

Thanks, Kyle.

I am very relieved to hear you say you are certain that EMT is the cause of my problems.

I have now disabled it, according to its instructions, and hope that I shall be able to load PFO103. We shall see!

As for my not realising that EMT was installed, the reason is that I had installed it several months ago and used it only once. Mea culpa! I shall now not touch it "...with a ten foot pole", as Michael Cubine said.

I am usually very cautious about installing add-ons but, as this had been recommended I thought I'd give it a try. It seemed useful. Of course, they never warn you of any consequential damage it may do... I wonder how many others have run into similar problems and never found out why.

Mark

Well, I've got as far as TAKEOFF REF.

And 'Flaps', 'Thrust', 'CG Trim' & 'TOGW' are all entered. 'Ref Spds' are 'ON'.

But V-Speeds have not appeared, although I waited till refuelling had completed.

ACT RTE 1 LEGS shows 1/9 pages, starting with SWANN and ending with ROLIS. But only distances are shown - no headings or altitudes.

What have I omitted to do?

Mark

Is your ADIRU on and aligned?

Dan Downs KCRP

ending with ROLIS

ROLIS is a STAR transition for Frankfurt. Somehow you still have that route I had you test in the FMC. The route I had you download was going Frankfurt not Munich. Close FSX and start a new flight at KIAD using the correct PAO103 route.

Unless you have a burning desire to do 1.5, I would just forget about it if you have successfully complete 1. There are 42 posts in this thread and you are not even close to leaving the ground yet.

My guess would be that you forgot to select the runway.

Kyle Rodgers

Yes, my ADIRU is ON but how do I ensure it's aligned? I've copied GPS POS to SET INERTIAL POS.

Yes, Michael, I do want to complete 1.5 - probably because I'm stubborn! - so I'll take your suggestion and start again from square one.

Mark

On PERF INIT page 1 Cost Index, Initial Cruise Altitude, ZFW, Reserves?

so I'll take your suggestion and start again from square one.

Good idea. The tutorial is written in a very specific way. If you follow it to the letter, you won't run into any issues.

Kyle Rodgers

I have:-

1. Closed/reopened P3D 3.3.5;

2. Selected the default 'Scenario';

3. Selected the 777 at Dulles Taxiway Z1 Cold & Dark

4. Allowed 'Initialising All Systems' to run through;

5. Turned the battery ON;

6. Started the APU (I can hear it running);

7. Turned the APU Generator ON;

8. Waited for systems to come on line;

9. First Officer's PFD & MFD illuminate but Captain's do not.

I have gone through this sequence twice now with the same result: No function on Captain's side of panel...

What is going on?

Mark