Sign in to follow this  
PapaFlightSim12

New PC For Simming

Hello PMDGers,

I am getting a new PC this christmas (Which I am building  :wink: ) I am not sure if this specs will be compatible with P3D running the NGX and the 777 smoothly. Anyways, less of talking and straight to the point.

• Intel Core I5 6600K @ 3.5 (Overclocking in the future)
  • 8GB DDR4 Memory
  • MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
  • 650W Power Supply
  • 1TB HDD Storage

Now, I know this isn't a PC building forum at all but, simmers help simmers out, right?

Any and all feedback is appreciated, I went a little bit over budget here (Budget was $900, all this is worth $938, of course I didn't put the cooler or the case in here but you get the point) 

Thanks Everybody For Their Help  :wink:

Suggest you take this discussion to the Hardware forum.. you'll get lots of comments there.

Bert

It should be quite good for simming. The only addition I would recommand you (though I'm not and hardware expert) is to have an SSD, if possible big enough for the OS and the Sim as it will quite drastically improve the loading times which are quite consequent if you then have many scenery/texture addons. Although it won't change that much the frame per second.

But as Bert says the guys in the hardware part will probably give you lots of good advices :)

Although it won't change that much the frame per second.

At all* Nonetheless, it is indeed a good idea to have an SSD for the operating system, and if it's big enough, for the simulator's root folder. Load times will improve drastically.