Sign in to follow this  
DarrianCZE

Affinity Mask? HT on? - P3D V3.4

Hello everyone,

I am currently running P3D V3.3 and I have been thinking about upgrading to P3D V3.4. Does it behave better?

Now to my primary question... i am currently running i7 3770K 4.3 GHz. I was trying to use some values for AffinityMask... but it always resulted in blurries of ground terrain. So I ditched it and used all 4 (8) cores. Recently I've tried to turn the HT off, and it brought me better smoothness. But maybe it's just a placebo.

So... what do you recommend? Upgrade to 3.4? Go to AM=85 + HT On? Keep current CPU settings?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello everyone,

I am currently running P3D V3.3 and I have been thinking about upgrading to P3D V3.4. Does it behave better?

Now to my primary question... i am currently running i7 3770K 4.3 GHz. I was trying to use some values for AffinityMask... but it always resulted in blurries of ground terrain. So I ditched it and used all 4 (8) cores. Recently I've tried to turn the HT off, and it brought me better smoothness. But maybe it's just a placebo.

So... what do you recommend? Upgrade to 3.4? Go to AM=85 + HT On? Keep current CPU settings?

The discussion about this topic is taking place on the 'P3D Experience Thread' at the moment.

bob

I have actually tried this... and it resulted in blurries of the ground terrain :-)

• Upvote 1