Sign in to follow this  
Guest midibyte

BEV US/Canada-Fall, on the way

Good news! According to their forums, the config program took a lot of time. Now that it is finished, the rest of the textures should be out much more quickly. Can't wait to try out fall!

I am interested in this one as well. I see the new configurator has 512X512 texture options. The summer set made my sim studder too much. Maybe this is the answer. I have a video shoot tomorrow...darn it. Has to wait until Sunday I guess. Best regards, Jeff

I could be wrong, but wouldn't a 512x512 set be higher resolution and make stutters happen more often?

Hey everyone, I thought the default BEV autogen reloaded textures were 1024, and hearing the new configurator has a 512 option, this would perform better? But who knows...FS9 drives me nuts. When it works, it works great. When it decides to get under my skin...you know what follows. Anyway, I am in Video Production. I do Commercial,Corporate, Music,and tomorrow, the dreaded private affair. I like to changes thing up. Not to get off topic, but I was looking to produce a high end video of a few select aircraft. There is a new module out, and I was wondering if the files could be converted to MPEG4 for streaming, or any other video format? I am looking at the Eaglesoft, Carenado, Dreamfleet, and Flight1 so far. I am looking to go all the way in producing something never done before. I am planning on starting a new post asking for suggestions for which aircraft people want to see the most, as well as for simmers looking to buy a new product, but want more than just screen shots. I love what I do, and putting this together for everyone to see would be so rewarding for me. I quess it's a way of giving back to the community. So back to the textures... I assume 512 will perform better? Have a great night everyone. Best regards, JeffEDIT: Most importantly, I will, of course get permission from the developers to make the videos. I'm not sure if there is any rules out there for doing what I am planning.

sounds like an interesting line of work Jeff.Anyway, that would make sense, if the textures are 1024 then 512 would reduce stutters.one thing you might want to look at is your texture_bandwidth_multi= setting in the fs9.cfg file. Sometimes a number thats too high leads to stutters, and too low leads to very long texture loading.I have a very fast computer, but this number works perfectly, I have NO idea how someone found it out!TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=16776704

hmmm... whats your specs alex?Jeff, no permission is required to create a video using their aircraft. Atleast not that i know of. To me, that would mean getting permission to post a screenshot. Lol. :-hah:-wave

Windows XP ProAMD FX-55RADEON X850 XT1gb ddr4000 ramSONY CPD-G520 21" monitor running 1600x12004x AA 16x AFEpox nforce4 ultra motherboardcreative sb audigy 4200gb sata drive

Don't be disappointed, you have a great system and judging by your screenshots you post, it looks amazing. My system is overkill really, but since I enjoy flying with 100% traffic even it struggles sometimes. Anyway, thanks to the credit card which I just paid off now and purchased all the parts the beginning of the year. But it looks like the BEV textures will not be released for a bit, maybe the end of the day, maybe tomorrow? who knows?

Yea, my system does fairly good. I really want to up my frames a little. Alot of my stuff, i lock at 30, but when i pull into clouds, i see mid 20's and heavy, multi-layer clouds, i get teens and at times, single digits. So i wanna upgrade to the X800 or X850 and up my performance. Overkill isnt a bad thing, just means you have more than you need. Thats good though. You wont have much to worry about in a few years.

I see those same frame rates in heavy weather, with detailed add on scenery and traffic. theres really nothing to do, its the limit of the game engine

Guest midibyte

Why try using a new module and spend a bunch of time trying to convert something to mpeg? Just use what is already out there and works very well. Still not sure how your video is going to be any more "high end" than any others. There is some really nice work out there as far as FS9 videos go. Just because someone uses an Avid suite doesn't necessarily make an FS video better than others. Maybe you do have a different idea on how to "changes things up", but I hope that doesnt mean you will be over using effects. You dont need a vendors permission unless you are planning on somehow profiting, so dont worry about it.

Guest midibyte

As do I. There are many folks that work in video production that dont have a shred of creativity. And creativity is all it takes to make a good video. Its not the equipment persay. However, he asked if there was a way to convert what that module records to mpeg. THAT MODULE DOESNT EVEN CAPTURE VIDEO. He should know that. Scott

Hey guys, I guess what I meant to say by changing things up, was to do a flight sim video. It is the only thing I have not done yet in regards to flight simulation. I thought it would be nice to do something different than what I do everyday. I just want to make something nice that people could enjoy, thats all. By the way, what is the module used that is already out there? This is one area I have not explored yet. I would just like to contribute something to the flight sim community. If someone knows what module I can use, that would be great. Hey Scott,I wasn't trying to start a debate with anyone. I was just trying to get more information, thats all. I did see that the new module can't record video, but I read in a thread about someone doing some type of conversion, which I thought was strange being the module can't do that. By your reply, it sounded like I touched a nerve, and I hope I didn't do that. I don't understand what I did to make you react like that. Anyway, sorry I took this thread off topic. Have a great night everyone. Best regards, Jeff