Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

FSUIPC DEAD...

Johan,<>Are you sure that's the version you've installed? The current version is 3.50 released on 30 August available here www.schiratti.com/dowson.html.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Johan,But where did you get that version from? Surely not from Pete Dowson because that version number is totally out of sequence and not available on his website. When you say "Traffic2005 doesn't work with 3.50" have you reported that to Pete?I'm totally baffled! :-hmmmCheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hello, Capt:Perhaps 3.4.8?That should be the minimum used.Did someone at Just Flight state there was a problem with 3.50 and Traffic 2005 and what the problem was? I would assume an AI problem. Perhaps their FSUIPC install put something in the .ini that 3.50 did not like. (I use Ulitimate Traffic, ASVe, and AISmoothV112, Radar Contact 3.31 and had no problems).Here Capt is a way to check. Use Windows Explorer (My Computer) to get to your FS modules folder. Click once on FSUIPC.dll to highlight it. Right-click on it choose Properties from the drop-down menu.Left-click on the version tab. It will display the version number there.If it displays 3.7.8 something is wrong.While you are there in that folder right click on FSUIPC.log. Click on open with and choose notepad from the list and see what version is reported there.If you still get 3.7.8 or anything above 3.50 (3.507 is a public beta if you get that as a reported version) I highly suggest you download FSUIIP 3.50 from the schiratti site and install it. It will be probably newer than the one that came with TRAFFIC 2005. As noted earlier keep a backup copy of all FSUIPC files in a seperate folder. You may (after redoing an install) delete your FSUIPC.ini if there are problems, let it rebuild, and copy/paste from you backup .ini those joystick sections that are good to restore some settings to save doing it all over again.Also be aware that starting (perhaps with 3.50 - don't recall) there is an option in joystick calibration and assignments to save those settings only in the current active loaded aircraft. You do not want that initially so the recognition and basic calibration is applied globally to all aircraft as a starting point.I know this is tedious and I may be repeating myself but have you also checked by opening the Gaming Options from Control Panel (don't be running FS9) and checking the list that the CH Yoke is recognized? If so open the properties and move the controls around to insure all is OK. I find I have to do this after rebooting Windows before starting FS for all of my CH controls moving each axis because they do not correctly initialize.Also for me I long ago stopped using CH Control Manager. I did not need its virtual control assignment option nor mode assignments and at the time introduced complications.

By profile, are you referring to the CH Control Manager? That sits between the yoke and the input windows, then to FS (and FSUIPC).If you can not see the action of your controls in the Gaming Options prfoperties for it, then the trouble is between the yoke and the windows input. Now I have a sepoarate CH USB stick and the Pro Throttle USB. (I do not have the room for a yoke and there are other issues.)As I recall there is a way if you desire to use CH Control Manager to have it automaticly choose the profile of your choice when Windows starts and it loads with Windows if you set it up. I only used it because at the time I was trying X-Plane's older version 5.x and it did not have enough control inputs to take my peds (CH USB). It had the abililty to reduce three USB control devices to a virtual two, all at that time X-Plane could handle.I stopped using it as previously stated when I installed FS8 which had more inputs after experiencing problems.For trouble shooting try not starting the CH Control Manager. Your USB yoke should be seen just fine in Gaming Options. I also should note here that the USB stick throttle wheel which I have assigned to prop pitch and the USB Pro Throttle show up as full on in Gaming Options until I move them up and down.We are now getting into hardware/systems issues if without CH Control Manager loading you can not see in Gaming Options your control actions. You can also try removing/replacing the yoke USB cable while in Windows to force a driver refresh.FSUIPC is not the problem here. You have to fix the input to the control drivers and CH Control Manager sits between the yoke ports and Windows input as observed by Gaming Options. Check on the CH web site for any hints. In the meantime try running without it. Just without it recalibrate if you can in Gaming Options and setup the joystick button and axis assignments and sensivities in FS9. Once this is working start up FS and check the FSUIPC joystick settings. The axis windows should now show control values changing with control movement.There is sufficient functionality in FSUIPC 3.48 to function what the CH Control Manager would do. I do not know if the yoke has mode profiles which is beyond what FSUIPC can do but all of the other functions should be available.If you really need CH Control Manager then you must learn how to set it to autostart with your profile when Windows starts to keep things simple. Do not start FS until you can see your controls working in Gaming Options.As the saying goes "been there -- done that".It is pretty complicated in my opinion to get CH Control Manager working reliably at times with autostart and auto-loading the profile.