Sign in to follow this  
Splynn

WX.pln not being created

Hi guys. Recently, I'm not able to perform any wind and descent forecast uplinks automatically on ASN. I dug around and realised that the 777 isn't creating a .pln file and loading it into the sim. Which explains why I can't get any uplinks with ASN. I've made sure that the "CREATE AND LOAD TO FSX" option is selected. 

When exactly does the 777 create the .pln? When you activate a route, when the route is changed, or at a fixed interval? I've encountered situations where it doesn't create the .pln for the first 1-2 hours in the flight, and come back at 7-8 hours to see that the file has been created.

-Darren Gwee

ASN gets what ever flight plan is loaded into the flight planner, so you can check this to make sure the flightplan entered into the FMS is getting to FSX/P3D.  I've noticed that this seems to happen whenever you do a request for winds.  The simulator platform will have a flight plan loaded per the option you mention and ASN or AS16 retrieves this through its simconnect port so it's not instant.  Takes a couple of minutes at most.  See also page 96 of the Introduction document.  Use this document anytime you have a question on how something works in the PMDG simulation.

Dan Downs KCRP

The flight plan isn't being created at all, nor is it being loaded onto the sim. I'm pretty sure this isn't an ASN issue, uplink works fine if I manually load the .pln onto FSX.

This is quite a recent phenomenon too, only starting to happen about a week ago.

When exactly does the 777 create the .pln?

I believe it is created the first time the wind is requested. You can check it. Once the route is loaded and executed, the PMDG>WX has no pln file in it. Request the winds and PMDG>WX has a pln file in it. Maybe you are not doing a wind request while still on the ground.

It doesn't create the pln file at all. If I perform a wind request, it tells me that the wind uplink is invalid. Uplinking will only work if I export the pln from PFPX and load it into the sim manually.

I believe uplinking isn't limited to when the aircraft is on the ground either, it should create/modify the pln file some time between executing route changes to the time when the uplink is ready. That's what it used to do for me.

I believe uplinking isn't limited to when the aircraft is on the ground either

That is correct. I am just looking for solutions. In ASN make sure under Settings>General Options>Auto load simulator flight plan is true.

Uplinking will only work if I export the pln from PFPX and load it into the sim manually.

This tells me you don't have the PMDG option set to load the FMS flightplan into the simulator.  Again I refer you to the Introduction document, page 96:  FSX PLN FILE FOR WX option. Make sure this is selected.

I cannot stress the importance of the becoming familiar where information in located in the documentation that came with the product.

Dan Downs KCRP

I export the pln from PFPX

Are you sure it is the pln file and not the rte file. The only file that must exported from PFPX is the rte file. The T7 will not accept a pln file. It will create a pln file for the weather but it will not accept a pln file.

Are you sure it is the pln file and not the rte file. The only file that must exported from PFPX is the rte file. The T7 will not accept a pln file. It will create a pln file for the weather but it will not accept a pln file.

I assumed OP was loading the pln file into the simulator... once the flightplan is there ASN will grab it if the option is active.  That assumption presumes knowledge between types of files..., maybe I stretched it?

Dan Downs KCRP

I have experimented with this a while back and noted that the 777 needs to be "triggered" to start the generation. For this you need to go to the LEGS page and then use LSR6 to go to a data page. This tells the 777 code that weather data is wanted. I believe the instructions in the manual actually state that you have to open this page, although the reason for it is not explained.

Once you have done this, any change in the plan will trigger a regeneration of the FSX flight plan and the corresponding WX.PLN file from the current state of the plan in the FMS. Note that if you use a tool like FSTramp or Plan-G to produce a live view the FSX flightplan, you will see that any waypoints you've passed are removed, so your aircraft will not always be perfectly "on the line". The current segment is shown as a line from your departure airport straight to your next waypoint.

Bert Laverman

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Thank you for all the replies. Again, everything is set up for wind uplink. I have the option "CREATE AND LOAD TO FSX" enabled, but the T7 doesn't even create the wx.pln, let alone load it into the sim. I only export the rte from PFPX for loading into the T7, I'll only extract and load the pln into FSX myself if the wind uplink fails.

I highly doubt that this is an ASN issue either, everything works if I manually load the pln file from PFPX.

This only started happening about 2 weeks ago, before that, everything worked as it should have.

This only started happening about 2 weeks ago, before that, everything worked as it should have.

Maybe two weeks ago your changed your procedure for entering the route,wind data request, ZFW, Cost Index, Flaps, etc. into the FMC. If there has been no procedure change and you were getting winds prior to 2 weeks ago, I would run the installer and select the repair option. I am not sure what would happen to liveries when the repair option is run. Just to be on the safe side I would run the PMDG Operation Center prior to and after the repair in case the liveries get messed up.

I would run the PMDG Operation Center prior to and after the repair in case the liveries get messed up.

Should I leave ops center running throughout the process?

Should I leave ops center running throughout the process?

I wouldn't... if repair is touching OC files then you want them available.  The installer repair will not overwrite your configuration and settings files.

In general, a installer repair does not bother the liveries you have installed. Michael was suggesting an abundance of caution... which is ok but you are good either way.

Dan Downs KCRP

I wouldn't... if repair is touching OC files then you want them available.  The installer repair will not overwrite your configuration and settings files.

In general, a installer repair does not bother the liveries you have installed. Michael was suggesting an abundance of caution... which is ok but you are good either way.

Alright, I'll give it a shot when I get back