Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

Queen of the Skies II - Feature request

Hi guys,

I am very fond of the 'accelerated' rate of service based failures but for those of us who fly different liveries etc. one doesn't often expect anything at all to go wrong on a  FS flight, when in the real work, QRH actions are not uncommon.

I was wondering if it was possible to implement a pre-defined age of the aircraft, so the user can choose whether they're flying a brand new aircraft, or one with thousands of cycles (particularly the 400). This as well as somehow linking the amount of hours accumilated by type not by livery. But not sure if that is possible.

Then we can experience the aircraft creaking and having more minor failures etc. than we're used to seeing at this moment.

Just a thought?

Cheers 

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

This as well as somehow linking the amount of hours accumilated by type not by livery.

This is an odd request. I would not want hours accrued by type instead of by tail number... it just doesn't make sense.

Dan Downs KCRP

This is an odd request. I would not want hours accrued by type instead of by tail number... it just doesn't make sense.

I obviously doesn't seem like an odd request to me, and I think this  has been discussed before.

Alex

Alex Ridge

Hi Alex,

Never thought about tying the number of failures to the age of an airplane but it does make a bit of sense for those who might want to enable it.  I'd venture to say though, given that the Queen II is already in Beta, if it hasn't already been implemented for this release it isn't likely to be added.  At some point the design has to be frozen and pushed out the door.

On the subject of failures, some of the developers of add-ons who stress real life failures seem to over-do it.  I once took a single engine prop plane for a spin for about 20 minutes right after selecting factory rebuild on the motor.  The flight consisted of nothing fancy or stressful (nothing got redlined), and when I came back to the same plane a week later it was blowing blue smoke, coughing, stuttering, and would barely stay running (yes I tried clearing the points as per the procedure in the manual).  Hard for me to believe that I could have so severely damaged the newly rebuilt motor in that 20 minute gentle flight.

As far as feature requests go, one thing I'd like to see the Queen eventually have is some sort of voice interaction with the stewardesses on the plane.  I kind of liked hitting the cabin call on the PIC (now Wilco I think) 767 and hearing that British lady make various comments, "Captain it's a bit cold in the galley- do you think we could turn the heat up a bit?"  I always imagined she was a hottie!

Mark Trainer

Just a thought?

Given the variability in how aircraft age, I'm not sure how easily something like this could be implemented.

All the same, we have a different idea up our sleeve that may seem more realistic and interesting...  :ph34r:

• Upvote 2

Kyle Rodgers

Given the variability in how aircraft age, I'm not sure how easily something like this could be implemented.

All the same, we have a different idea up our sleeve that may seem more realistic and interesting...  :ph34r:

ZwD9erT.png

I think they're counting on that, it's called misdirection, gaze at the obvious, be astonished by something incredible ... every good magician knows how to use that, n'est-ce pas, PMDG?

Are you able to ask the powers that be if you're able to divulge such ideas? 

All of the tail numbers should sync with a central database that has cumulative age of the aircraft from all of those flying her.   

That's exactly what I was thinking, or maybe group certain reg's within one airline (BA/Virgin for example).

Alex Ridge