Sign in to follow this  
seahorse

Descend way too late, impossible to land

Hi,

flying pmdg 737-800ngx, planning with SimBrief and using VoxAtc6.46.

I get my STAR for approach.

I always get my descend way too late, so I never get down to the landing height on time, except I nosedive at the speed of light.

I googled and only found remarks about descend too early.

I surely hope that someone can help me to fix this because like this it doesn't make sense to use Voxatc if I have to "organise" my descend myself.

I will appreciate any hint or help.

Cheers,

Luc

Luc Jonckheere

MSI Z97 GAMING 5 - Intel Core i7 4790K / 4.4GHz - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO - Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB - Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - 2 x Western Digital Black, 2 TB

MSI GeForce GTX 780 Ti Gaming - Cooler Master V1000

Windows 7 prof/ 64b - FSX sp2 - UTX eur - GEX eur - PMDG 737NGX

I have not seen evidence that this is being addressed in V7. I do organize my decent myself, which is not a bad exercise in using real piloting skills. Just calculate your planned cruise altitude, your arrival altitude, your decent rate and velocity, and how much distance you will need to accomplish this. Then just ignore any controller who tells you to return to your cruise altitude. Sometimes you can, "Request lower" from the controller. Half the time they will respond, "Unable at this time." If they do allow it, they will do so in 2000 ft increments. Enjoy.

Not sure, but i always make my Flightplans with PFPX and then save it in a format P3D and PMDG can read, it always allows me to descent 10 nm or so before the actual descent point which is fine for me, other solution is to contact ATC and request descent to whatever FL you wanna go.

Not sure, but i always make my Flightplans with PFPX and then save it in a format P3D and PMDG can read, it always allows me to descent 10 nm or so before the actual descent point which is fine for me, other solution is to contact ATC and request descent to whatever FL you wanna go.

Exactly the same for me...I have never been ordered to descend by control after TOD with VoxAtc.

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Thank you guys for your tips

@Mad_Mac I even don't have to calculate anything, I have all the information available in the FMS of my pmdg 737ng. The ATC is just not following the descend path. And sure, I can just ignore the ATC so it's just background chatter, but that does forfeit the purpose of having an ATC controller, isn't it?

@Zaros That's what I do too, I just request the controller to start my descend and I will get lower altitudes (in steps, different requests). But hen I will get my approach STAR and then the controller instructs me to climb again! So yes, I ignore that, but again, what is the point of having an ATC, right?

I just wished that I (someone) could figure out why this happens and how to fix it. I might be wrong, but it doesn't look like there's much support coming from the developer?

Cheers,

Luc

Luc Jonckheere

MSI Z97 GAMING 5 - Intel Core i7 4790K / 4.4GHz - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO - Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB - Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - 2 x Western Digital Black, 2 TB

uhhhh no, what database? apologies for my ignorance.

Cheers

Luc

Luc Jonckheere

@Zaros That's what I do too, I just request the controller to start my descend and I will get lower altitudes (in steps, different requests). But hen I will get my approach STAR and then the controller instructs me to climb again! So yes, I ignore that, but again, what is the point of having an ATC, right?

I have noticed in the new beta that the descent is perfect but it allows me to descent to FL80 when i am still at like FL200 and when ever i reach FL100 it's suddenly asks me to climb to FL110, ignoring it helps since he won't repeatly repeat it.