Sign in to follow this  
liamr685

QWSim BAe 146/Avro RJ Air Stairs.

Chaps,

So reading the manual for this addon, only aircraft that had Air stairs as an option in the real world, got them in this product...

Does anyone know if it's possible to enable air stairs on all liveries with the Avro, or is it just a select few models in game?

If its possible to enable air stairs regardless of the livery, how do I go about enabling them?

Even though it wouldnt be accurate to the airlines in the real world, I'd like to have the Air stairs enabled on all my liveries. 

I asked on the QW forum yesterday, but yet to get a response, so going to see if anyone here knows.

regards

OS: Windows 10 Home Premium 64Bit CPU: Intel i7 4790K Quad @ 4.4GHz MoBo: ASUS Z97 Pro Gamer GPU: nVidea/Gigabyte GTX980 RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair 1600C9 Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz PSU: Seasonic X-650 80+ Gold Monitor: ASUS VG248QE 1920x1080, 144Hz, 1ms

I would be willing to bet that the air stairs are available on all of the 146 models and all of the liveries for those models.  As far as how to operate them, I would check out all of the panels, 2D, VC and any popups that might have to do with door opening switches.  There should also be a stair switch.  If not, then try the standard Shift+E, Shift+E+1, etc.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Open the aircraft.cfg, and add the word "stair" (without quotes) to the "title=" line for the paint you wish to have stairs.

For example:

title=QWSim Avro RJ85 - RAF ZE707 HD Stair

You can also add window plugs to some windows as well. From the repaint kit docs:

Stair  - Airstair is fitted on the L1 door. The first window on the left side is plugged.
L2  - The last window on the left side is plugged
R1  - The first window on the right side is plugged
R2  - The last window on the right side is plugged

Dave Garwood.

Open the aircraft.cfg, and add the word "stair" (without quotes) to the "title=" line for the paint you wish to have stairs.

For example:

title=QWSim Avro RJ85 - RAF ZE707 HD Stair

You can also add window plugs to some windows as well. From the repaint kit docs:

Cheers.

Will try it when I next load up my PC.

OS: Windows 10 Home Premium 64Bit CPU: Intel i7 4790K Quad @ 4.4GHz MoBo: ASUS Z97 Pro Gamer GPU: nVidea/Gigabyte GTX980 RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair 1600C9 Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz PSU: Seasonic X-650 80+ Gold Monitor: ASUS VG248QE 1920x1080, 144Hz, 1ms

Simply adding “Stair” at the end of the title ( as instructed ) does not add stairs to the livery. Tried it but didn’t work. This is at least try for FSX Steam. Perhaps it works for boxed or other?