Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

M/B Fan Control Software?

I'll be darned if I can find any software that'll "CORRECTLY" control my motherboard fans:-(   Mobo is Asus P8Z68-V Pro.

All the headers and fans are 3pin (no PWM): Two CPU air cooling fans going CPU1 & CPU Opt: Two fans to CH1 & CH2  -  Two more to PWR1 & PWR2

I've been through no less than FOUR Speenfan tutorials. Good as some seem to rate it, Speedfan will ONLY control my fans from one header, and I certainly wont split all fans from there.

I thought Asus AI Suite would do it, but it doesn't look like it does.  Its not like the new Asus software on later boards.

Although all the fans are high quality and 'reasonably' quiet, they're still all running at full voltage at idle, which is nuts.

Anyone else running this UEFI and got it 'sussed' ?

Thanks Glynn will take a look.  I discounted that, thinking as its title suggests, its for GPUs only;-)

Ah, sorry dougal, miss read your post.

Just got up after nightshift LOL

Ah, sorry dougal, miss read your post.

Just got up after nightshift LOL

Know that feeling;-)

Your board has PWM 4 pin headers for CPU and CPU opt. Swap your 3 pin CPU fans for 4 PIN and you can contol them.

Your board comes with AiSuite 2 and includes FanXpert. The purpose of FanXpert is to do exactly what you want it to do.

Asus boards,for a very long time, have had the capability to control both PWM and 3 pin DC fans. I' m surprised if thats not the case for your board.

If all else fails, there are lots of reasonably cheap fan controllers on the market.

Another way if you have one 4 pin PWM header, is to power multiple fans from a molex power, and then the PWM 4 pin header just handles the signal.Adapters are available for the purpose.

https://www.quietpc.com/gel-pwm-1-4-pwmcable?gclid=CJ3lmpvHntACFcIV0wodRJ4Bxw

Obviously you would then need to replace your 3 pin fans for PWM fans.

That looks VERY interesting.  Re your 1st post.... Asustek adamantly stated not to use the CPU fan headers for chassis fans, though did not expand why.

It's a BRAND new Corsair case with excellent Corsair fans in situ, which is why I didn't want to have to replace them.

There's also a manual fan controller on the case, but i want it auto temp controlled.

Ooooooo.... lots of nice little trick goodies on that site;-)

Asus support isn't the best I'm afraid. Personally I don't see any reason why you should't use CPU Opt 4 pin PWM header for a chassis fan Its just a fan, no different to a CPU fan. You could then configure the fan curve in the BIOS or via FanXpert.

From that header, you could then run...

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/thermaltake-commander-fp-10-port-fan-splitter-hub-for-pwm-fans

Remember to check your BIOS re 3 pin fan control. There's an option for 4 pin PWM or 3 pin DC. Might be why FanXpert isn't controling your fans.

As I said, Asus bords have been capable of controling 3 pin, non PWM fans for years.