Sign in to follow this  
Wightleal

FTX England upgrade causes trees in the sea.

I installed version 1.52 using FTX Central 3 and now FTX England is completely broken. There are trees in the sea around the Isle of Wight, and random tiles, some with water, appear whilst fling over land. I've raised offiial requests with Orbx who told me to seek help from their forum. My post there has yielded no reponse.

I would dearly like to uninstall the upgrade and reinstall the original version of FTS England, prior to SP5, which worked beautifully.

Here is some text from an e-mail conversation with FSS, from whom I bought the product; I had hoped to be able to download my original purchase:

"NOV 11, 2016  |  04:03PM EST
Andres - The FlightSim Store replied:

Hi Brian

Unfortunately we do not have that option of updating files at FSS due to the privacy laws that ORBX have enforced.

You will need to contact ORBX im afraid

It has been taken out of our reach

Andres Bottino
phone : +61 2 4296 1641
fax : +61 2 8572 8203

NOV 10, 2016  |  04:10AM EST
Original message
Brian wrote:

Hello,
I recently transferred my licence for this product to Orbx in order to upgrade it. Unfortunately, the upgrade has completely destroyed my FTX England installation, surrounding the Isle of Wight with trees in the ocean.
Orbx have given me no product support whatsoever, and today circulated an e-mail advising that backups may be downloaded direct from FSS.
I'd be very grateful if you would advise me how to proceed - I want the pre-update edition.
Many thanks,
Brian Sharpe"

This despite the fact that Orbx said that this would be possible.
So now I'm stuck with an expensive package which is totally unuseable.

Any ideas?

I answered to your post on the OrbX forum.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

edit

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thanks, Andy, but that didn't make any difference. I think I'm going to have to do a clean install of everything.

I installed version 1.52 using FTX Central 3 and now FTX England is completely broken. There are trees in the sea around the Isle of Wight, and random tiles, some with water, appear whilst fling over land.

Have you tried rearranging the scenery folder order in Central 3?

Click on the "cog" bottom left and you will see two scenery entry configuration panels. Place FTX below all your 3rd party scenery and the Vector below that. The new Central 3 re ordered the scenery. Also the vector entries got re ordered and they need to be set in the correct order. These work for me:

ORBX!VECTOR_OBJ

ORBX!VECTOR_FixedAPT

ORBX!VECTOR_APT

ORBX!VECTOR_CVX

ORBX!VECTOR_EXX

I understand they are working on a mass patch but you could try these first.

Cheers

David