Hello.

I'm hoping someone can help me out with something regarding the CH Pro Pedals.

I am having a small issue where even after calibrating multiple times it seems that when centered the left pedal still seems to be pressed just slightly.

One thing I have found is that when in the test/calibrate area of the CH Control Manager, the "Z" axis shows 5 when the left pedal is pressed all the way.  I don't know if this has anything to do with it or not, but, I'm thinking that should probably be zero.  CH%20Products.jpg

As a result of being the way it is now, when in the Flight Sim program and trying to slew, the aircraft wants to very slowly spin to the left.  I can also see the rudder slightly off to the left when looking closely enough.

This is bugging me but I can't see to get it fixed.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I believe the readout from the Z-axis should be around 126-127 when centered, as 0 should be one end and 255 the other as shown below

0-------127-------255

(Left, Center, Right)

I could have the directions backwards in the above "graphic".

It almost sounds like your pedals don't have an entire half of their range available. It could be possible that the variable resistor that tracks that axis has broken or the operating arm inside the pedals is damaged or been broken.

Have you tried deleting all CH drivers and software and starting over?

1. Unplug all CH controllers

2. Run CH Delete program from the CH Software folder

3. Uninstall CH Control Manager from the Control Panel

4. Restart PC

5. Plug in CH controllers

6. Install CH Control Manager

7. Calibrate using CH Control Manager

If doing the above doesn't work, you've tried it on another computer and it does the exact same thing, and they are still under warranty, may warrant a call to CH to try and setup a warranty service.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

I discovered this after setting things up on a new system so this is all with a fresh install.

I'm not sure why you think an entire half of the range is unavailable.  Maybe I didn't word it good enough.  If that number is supposed to be zero when the left pedal is depressed all the way, then I'm only missing those 5 points.  But, I don't know why.  Pedals were purchased a LONG time ago so I doubt they are still under warranty.

Any other thoughts?

If all else fails, the good news is that the company is in my own backyard.

I must have misunderstood.

If only the last 5 points are missing, then the calibration should "get rid" of it.

Maybe try running CH Control Manager as Administrator to make sure it is updating the calibration values in the registry?

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

I just got off the phone with CH and the guy said it sounds like the potentiometer is bad.  He's sending me a new one for free but from what I've read, and the guy at CH said it too, taking these thing apart and getting them back together again correctly is a bit of a challenge.

I just got off the phone with CH and the guy said it sounds like the potentiometer is bad.  He's sending me a new one for free but from what I've read, and the guy at CH said it too, taking these thing apart and getting them back together again correctly is a bit of a challenge.

It's actually not too bad, the hardest part is getting everything to line up correctly when you are putting it together. I've taken mine apart to clean them and here's my best advice:

1. Take them apart upside down.

2. There will be wires that connect between the bottom plate that you pull off and the top plate so don't pull too hard and be prepared to run some very small wires back into place before putting it together again.

3. Make sure you mark the three wires that go to the pot so they end up on the right terminals (I replaced a pot in my yoke once, only to have to take it all the way apart again because I swapped two lugs)

4. You might not get it back together perfectly the first, second or third time. Be patient and retest the pedals before screwing back in all the fasteners (especially movement along the rudder axis, it's very easy to screw up the pot to actuator arm alignment when putting it back together).

Good luck!

13.jpg

Interesting...

The first words in the disassembly instructions from CH say DO NOT start by removing the screws form the bottom of the base.  You generally need to start from the top and work down.

Do you know why this would be?

A bit of a challenge is an understatement. Just have the PDF handy and go very slowly following the instructions. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310