Sign in to follow this  
andreadebiase

Simulation rates and crashes

As unrealistic it may seem sometimes I need to change the simulation rate, and while 8X or 4X or 2X are not a problem the half time is the one I need mostly and is crashing my system. I am not sure if it is a PMDG related thing or simulator thing but for sure it happens in both FSX and P3D (now, the latter is somewhat an offspring  of FSX so i am not surprised if the "bug" is in the sim and passed unnoticed from one generation to the next). Anyway, does anyone know why the system crashes on slow sim rate and if there is a fix to this? (i guess i can try a flight with a default plane and see if the issue is more on the sim side or the PMDG side). 

thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Why do you need 1/2 simulation rate?  I am curious, I cannot think of a reason so I ask.

Why do you need 1/2 simulation rate?  I am curious, I cannot think of a reason so I ask.

you need it when nearing the T/D you realize is also time to go pick up your kid at daycare

you need it when nearing the T/D you realize is also time to go pick up your kid at daycare

Hi Andrea,

You can just hit pause and, for extra protection, save the flight at that point.  Also, the NGX can be set to pause at top of descent -- just search "pause" in the introductory manual.

Wish I had been flight simming when my daughter was young enough to be in daycare!

However there may well be other uses for 1/2 sim rate, such as replaying a cross-wind, gusty landing to see how well  it went.  Haven't tested this myself, but 1/2 rate ought to be able to be used.

Mike

• Upvote 1

I do pause but I would prefer to let the plane fly slowly to T/D so that i don't have to wait after (ofcourse i can catch up with 2X, 4X or 8X) but i rather let it fly. Didnt know about the pause function at t/d...thanks for the hint. I will look in to it. Anyway, i am still curious as to why it crashes. It may have to do with Win 10 too, i have this feeling somehow. When i used FSX in XP it never crashed in half sim rate mode.