Sign in to follow this  
kiwiflyer45

ALL UK2000 FS9 UK AIRFIELDS PART 1-8 NOW FREEWARE

I thought you might like to know that Gary has made all his early FS9 sceneries available as freeware. The link is www.uk2000scenery.com

If you want more info, check the thread in the bargain basement forum discussing UK2000's current sale. I wrote a detailed description in there but for some reason it won't let me cut and paste it to here and I'm not going to write it all over again... I'm NOT in the holiday spirit yet and not feeling quite that generous. But you can't doubt Gary's generosity.......

Cheers

Ian

• Upvote 1

Thanks for this, Ian.  I think these have been free for a little while now as my system shows I d/loaded them last April together with their "free" keycodes.  Nevertheless, a good find and extremely generous of Gary.

Dijvid

I downloaded these a while back as well. I don't do much flying across the pond (I live in Canada), but I wanted to try these out. I enjoyed the scenery quite a lot. It was generous of Gary but also smart, as now I'm interested in the Xtreme versions thanks to this freeware.

It was no problem installing these. I just deleted the bgls of all airports that I have Extreme versions of.

What has also been a nice surprise to me is there appears to be no FPS hit, even though there are so many more complex airports and a great deal more AI traffic....

BTW, when I posted this, I had no idea that Gary had done this some time ago. I discovered it by accident and thought I'd let all my VFFs know... (VFF = virtual flying friends!) LOL

BTW, when I posted this, I had no idea that Gary had done this some time ago. I discovered it by accident and thought I'd let all my VFFs know... (VFF = virtual flying friends!) LOL

No problem!  Good of you to point it out anyway as there are probably some VFFs who are not aware that they are now free.

Dijvid