Sign in to follow this  
Claus

key commands available for turning the IRS knobs?

Hi folks,

I have just the question you can see above. I would like to assign the two IRS knobs on the aft overhead panel (ALIGN NAV ATT) to my GoFlight hardware (GF-RP48) by key commands, as I did for other payware aircraft. I am wondering, if PMDG offers key commands for this in addition to those provided via the CDU's Menu. And if so, is there a listing of all key commands available?

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Claus

ILS-Junkie

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi folks,

I have just the question you can see above. I would like to assign the two IRS knobs on the aft overhead panel (ALIGN NAV ATT) to my GoFlight hardware (GF-RP48) by key commands, as I did for other payware aircraft. I am wondering, if PMDG offers key commands for this in addition to those provided via the CDU's Menu. And if so, is there a listing of all key commands available?

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Claus

ILS-Junkie

Hi Claus,

I'm not aware of any PMDG-provided key commands additional to the ones that can be used via the CDU.  You would have to do that in an indirect way but it can be done.  Both my home-built "functional" MCP and EICAS button boxes send emulated key commands to FSX.  FSUIPC uses those to send commands to the NGX, including a number of functions that are not provided in the CDU.  These are contained in a couple of Lua plug-ins that I wrote (through following examples and trial-and-error).  You'd need the registered version of FSUIPC for this.  I think it's possible to come up with something that would work for what you need.  Going into detail here would lead us OT, but feel free to PM me if you like.

Have you tried using FSUIPC offsets? I have several panels and custom build TQ and to use them I have to use offsets. PMDG offers plenty basic commands to assign to controls. It may be easier and handy but one day you will find out that you will run out of available key combinations. 

Using FSUIPC offsets maybe very confusing, it took me  many weeks to figure out how to use it and find the way I was able to understand but I finally succeeded. If you need any help with that, I may be able to give some information how to do that. 

Good luck. 

Have you tried using the SDK for the Aft Overhead-ISDU Panel. Not sure if you can assign GF buttons or rotaries through it via FSUIPC, but its worth a try. I have used the SDK extensively for switches and rotaries, using the BBI-32 and BU0836X, Leo Bodnar cards, without a problem.

Cheers.