Sign in to follow this  
k1fox

Rotation Speed Issue

Is anyone else with the 350i suffering from long and abrupt takeoffs. I thought  the 350i rotates at 110 KIAS but the Carenado versions doesn't want to rotate until reaching about 140 KIAS. And when it flies off it just rockets up in the air. No other aircraft gives me this problem.

Dumb question which may apply to any sim aircraft, even though your problem is this specific Carenado. Have you dialled in any up trim to help? E.G the default Cessna has a mark labelled take-off trim next to the trimwheel.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Yes I've done so but it still doesn't make it rotate earlier. It just makes it pitch up more when it does takeoff. Seems to be just me having this issue.

Is it carrying a preset payload which you don't know about?

Sorry, no real help, just chucking ideas out there.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

go into the aircraft.cfg and zero out all of the payload area.

Are you using FSPassengers with it? If so, don't see if that makes any difference.

also, in the aircraft.cfg file look at something called elevator effectiveness - lower that number down..  back it up first!

Ciao!

I did not have that issue and my b350i was left completely default. What I did notice however is that 2 notches trim up at takeoff was too much. I had to trim pitch down to have a normal takeoff and a 10 to 15 degrees climb. But I grounded the b350i. It is not 'fit to fly' imho.

Dirk

PC: Core i7-7700K @ 4.8 GHz; MSI Z270 Gaming Pro; 16 GB; Hydro H60 Cooler; MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB ; 2 * SSD; 2 * HDD; 32"  monitor; Prepar3D v4.4, ORBX Global, -Vector, -Europe, -Can/N-US, Chaseplane. Notebook: AS4-ASCA, AivlaSoft EFB v.2, 

Your V1/Vr speeds are going to be pretty close. What elevator trim setting are you using and what is your take off weight? 10 degrees nose up is a good general pitch setting as you accel to climb speed.