Sign in to follow this  
charlie130

DME reads opposite VOR Distances?

Is this just me, my system or does anyone else see this?

The DME read out (our DME under the VSI) when set for NAV 1 displays the DME Range for Nav 2.

Likewise DME when set for Nav 2 displays DME Range for Nav 1.

This was seen with the GTN 750 up and used to select VOR tune.

Regards

David

Is this just me, my system or does anyone else see this?

The DME read out (our DME under the VSI) when set for NAV 1 displays the DME Range for Nav 2.

Likewise DME when set for Nav 2 displays DME Range for Nav 1.

This was seen with the GTN 750 up and used to select VOR tune.

Regards

David

David,

The DME works fine for me. Check to see if maybe in the setup of the GTN750 you have it set for COM2/NAV2 instead of COM1/NAV1.

Al

The DME works fine for me. Check to see if maybe in the setup of the GTN750 you have it set for COM2/NAV2 instead of COM1/NAV1.

Yes the GTN was in fact set for COM2/NAV2. :excl:  How it got like that I dunno? :fool:

I thought about installing both GTN's but only room for one in the Lear panel! So the NAV1 stays on the GTN and the Nav 2 on the Lear's Collins. The neat thing here is we can have four VOR's tuned up, one active and three displaying!

Its also nice that each side, (PF/PNF) has a separate display of NAV1 and NAV 2. But remembering that AFCS Nav mode is from the PF side NAV 1. So the "TFR" switch on the GTN does the VOR1/2 change over, if your navigating the old fashioned way, VOR/VOR! :Party: That's how I prefer it, gives you (and the co-pilot) some extra work!

Thanks AL.

Happy Simming.

David

The neat thing here is we can have four VOR's tuned up, one active and three displaying!

Hi Charlie,

I assume what you mean here is you can have four VOR frequencies "dialed" in -- an active and a standby for each of VOR1 and VOR2.

So the "TFR" switch on the GTN does the VOR1/2 change over

I"m a bit confused here. If you only have a single GTN, then the XTFR function on the GTN lets you choose between the active or standby frequency for VOR1 -- it doesn't switch you between VOR1 and VOR2. For VOR2 you need to use the Nav2 Radio between the seats.

Al

If you only have a single GTN, then the XTFR function on the GTN lets you choose between the active or standby frequency for VOR1 -- it doesn't switch you between VOR1 and VOR2. For VOR2 you need to use the Nav2 Radio between the seats.

Yes, that's what I was trying to say!

I was thinking that with a second GTN running, that may be assigned VOR 2 and used instead of the Collins unit, between the seats. But since it would only be a pop up, it would spoil the immersion somewhat!

Incidentally, with MCE its easy to change the frequency on VOR 2, by asking the co pilot. Without MCE it would require an LUA script for VA to use...? But that's more your sphere of expertise Al. :-)

Cheers

David

Incidentally, with MCE its easy to change the frequency on VOR 2, by asking the co pilot. Without MCE it would require an LUA script for VA to use...? But that's more your sphere of expertise Al. :-)

Yes, I just hit the X key to toggle frequencies between active and standby using NpC. See post #11 here http://www.avsim.com/topic/491894-replacing-lear35a-mouse-clicks-with-keys-or-buttons/ if interested in a convenient way to control all the radios, set altitudes, headings and courses, and more.

Al