Sign in to follow this  
mwilk

First flight with 2.1.0.1

I did my first complete flight with the latest version. It worked like a charm with a couple of small quirks. I flew from ENGM-ENBO. As I stated in another thread ATIS is working. Everything was as it should be. When I was just about to the runway, ground passed me off to the tower. Tower told me to hold for traffic on approach. Sure enough, there was an airplane on approach. All of a sudden tower told to line up and wait. Being adventurous I started to taxi onto the runway. As I hit the runway, I was cleared for takeoff so I just kept right on truckin'. Everything from that point on was right by the numbers. As I approached the TOD I was assigned a landing runway and a STAR. After landing I contacted the tower to let them know I was clear of the active runway. The tower responded that Bodo doesn't have ground control so let them know if I need taxi instructions. Actually, Bodo does have ground control but that wasn't a big deal. Pilot2ATC is just about where I need it to be. The only thing left for me would be interaction with AI traffic and even that's not a show stopper. Nice work Dave.

NAX669.png

Just to see how I would get on with this flight, Mike, I had a go at it...same dept and dest.

It all went well, as you say, except I am used to being given vectors to the landing runway but in this case I was only given altitudes on the approach-perhaps I have not ticked the same boxes in the ATC options as I did before?

Another odd thing is that using FlightSim Commander, which is not required with P2A of course due to its own excellent moving map etc , and checking with the "map" feature in p3d, the ils frequency of ENBO runway 25 is 109.10, but P2A gives it as 108.70. So I overshot and had to go round until I had found the problem.

How can P2A have different ils frequencies to p3d for some runways?

Otherwise the flight was fine. I really enjoy using P2A I am sure if anything in it does not work as I expect it is my fault, and not P2As

Just to see how I would get on with this flight, Mike, I had a go at it...same dept and dest.

It all went well, as you say, except I am used to being given vectors to the landing runway but in this case I was only given altitudes on the approach-perhaps I have not ticked the same boxes in the ATC options as I did before?

Another odd thing is that using FlightSim Commander, which is not required with P2A of course due to its own excellent moving map etc , and checking with the "map" feature in p3d, the ils frequency of ENBO runway 25 is 109.10, but P2A gives it as 108.70. So I overshot and had to go round until I had found the problem.

How can P2A have different ils frequencies to p3d for some runways?

Otherwise the flight was fine. I really enjoy using P2A I am sure if anything in it does not work as I expect it is my fault, and not P2As

John,

I'm not sure how frequencies are gleaned from the sim but I ran into a similar problem on the last flight I just completed. I was flying from YBCG to YSSY. Everything went well until just after I was given the STAR and landing runway. Center gave the frequency for Sydney approach. The FO dialed in the frequency but there was no further contact. When I tried to contact approach I was told to check frequency. When I got closer in, I set the tower frequency and when I called approach control answered. The frequencies listed by P2A didn't match. I'm not sure what happened but I had to land without ATC. I'll see what happens on the next flight.

NAX669.png

I found a bug that may be causing the wrong Nav Frequencies to show up.  I'll be working on that one.

The Com Frequencies may differ from other sources, but should work properly in P2A if they were given in P2A.  if you have a repeat of the Com Freq issue, please make note of the frequency given and who the controller is - Airport-Controller Type.  I'll check it out.

Thanks,

Dave