Sign in to follow this  

Hello all,

I hope you've all had a good Christmas.

I invested in Chillblast Performance PC a few days ago and have just been setting up Prepar3D V3.4 on it. I'm having terrifying scenry issues at the moment and I can't figure out why at all considering this was a top of the line PC with a GTX1080 graphics card, X2 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD's. I currently have installed a few add on airports and the following ORBX products.

FTX Global Base

FTX Global Vector

Open LC Europe

Open LC North America

My previous PC had a GTX750Ti card and it was probably better than what I am getting now. The textures are all blurry and mis matched.

I'm really just looking for any advice anyone might have on how to fix it or some links to scenery library orders? I've read a few things online but they don't come across clearly enough for me to understand as I'm not the best with computers.

Thanks for your time,

Jonathan

- Jonathan Daley

Did you get P3D running perfectly BEFORE installing the addons? Really, I'd uninstall and start over. Do not apply any tweaks or install any addons. You might consider the Affinity Mask tweak depending on your hardware but leave everything else alone. Then adjust your settings until you get the crisp scenery and performance you want and THEN you can start installing addons.

Have you looked at Rob's P3D Guide pinned at the top of this forum?

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hi Jonathan,

Are you using ORBX FTX Central? If not then you should. The latest versions execute a LC unification migration procedure which obviates the need for manual switching of regions. Perhaps there is a conflict/incompatibility issue between your installed FTX Central version and the latest ORBX library files. There were problems and observed issues such as you have described in the early days of this migration project.

Also, it might be worth checking your 'sceneryindexes' folder as I have noticed occasional corruption in the numbering sequence. This should match the number of entries in your Scenery.cfg. If you notice that the indexing numbers don't match then delete the entire contents of the sceneryindexes folder and Prepar3D will rebuild it correctly at next run.

Edit: FTX Central now handles everything ORBX related including the installing/uninstalling/configuring and updating of all previously purchased products once the licences have been transferred. Also, you can now make your purchases via FTX Central/OrbxDirect. All in all I regard it to be a godsend and an inspired move by the ORBX team. Life suddenly becomes so much easier!

Regards,

Mike

All in all I regard it to be a godsend and an inspired move by the ORBX team. Life suddenly becomes so much easier!

LOL. Unless you are unlucky like me. I have been unable to get FTXC3 working on my system. Been working with support but no joy since November. So, I can neither update my old products nor buy and install new products.

Not quite a godsend I'm afraid.

HOWEVER, I'm still working with Orbx support so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors