Sign in to follow this  
Howiefly13

KCLE and KDCA fix testers required

Guys,Anyone want to test a couple of small fixes for my KDCA and KCLE scenery?1) KDCA: removes the bridges to make it more compatible with Megascenery2) KCLE: fixes the problem of 6L/24R disappearing when flying in to KCLE from another airport.If anyone has some other suggestions maybe I can put them in the fixes too.Let me know and I will send it over.ThanksShez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

ShezSend me the files especially KCLE so I can check the 2 files I added to the scenery when you released it. I did the AFCAD and added the ILS approach file if you remember for 6L/24R.I also want to check and make sure the GPS receiver is displaying the entire Approach Database and add any additional Transistions to my ILS file.Will check KDCA alsoJust sent you a e-mail from what I showed from last year.

Guest firehawk44

Outstanding KDCA scenery Shez! I have been using since FS2K2. I have the MegaScenery too and it works well w/yours. I would like to see someone fix up Crystal City too by adding more tall buildings (your scenery came very close to making Crystal City look like Crystal City). I guess I could do it too w/Rwy12 program. Thanks again and look forward to any updates.Jim

Guest jeffg

Would love to your test your scenery,please let me know. Thanks,JeffG jeffreymg@comcast,net

Would like to help out with the KCLE fix. Thanks,Joea320driver@sbcglobal.net

Regards,

Joe Esposito

Shez check out my 'One Six Right' post over in the 'Hanger Chat' area... I would love to beta test your scenery as well... :-)

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

The fixes are attached. Let me know if they work.ThanksShez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Guest firehawk44

Shez,I was wondering which bridge near KDCA you were wiping out because it was not compatible with MegaScenery. You wiped out the main bridge into DC from VA we commonly call the 14th Street Bridge. It's part of I-395 and highly travelled. It's a massive parking lot every workday. It's the bridge Air Florida hit after taking off from Reagan in the 1970's. I'm going to have to reinstall your DCA scenery to get it back as I overwrote the .bgl. Are there any plans to "build" another bridge in the future? There's also a Metro subway bridge next to this bridge that's gone too. Thanks.Jim

Actually the fix only wipes out my addon bridges. It should not wipe out any default scenery bridges.Shez

Shez Ansari

I guess we need the bridges back Shez... :-)

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest firehawk44

I checked my Ultimate Terrain cfg to make sure I didn't click on removing any FS2004 brige objects and I didn't. Somehow your .bgl wiped out the I-395/14th street bridge.Thanks.Jim

Shez,Where can I find your KDCA scenery?Thanks a lot,

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Guest firehawk44

Shez,Okay, I found the problem. I put your DCA2002 scenery below MegaScenery in the Scenery Library. Bridges are back but now have no runway/taxiways. Maybe I have to move the ADDON Scenery folder below MegaScenery too.Jim

Right here in the AVSIM library, DCA2002.zip.Shez

Shez Ansari

1. To get the default bridges back, you must deactivate the DCA2002scenery folder file DCAr_EX3.bgl (change the extension to anything else such as BBB). If you have a modified bridge set as an addon, it should be in a higher priority scenery area than DCA2002.2. After testing with USA Roads and UT USA in all seasons/day condiditions it appears that the new DCA runway bgl file works as expected (no more bridges and everything else appears as it did before).3. The new file (and the original one) contain ILS and VOR commands. This interferes with the default ILS. This causes I-ASO on 109.9 not to be available (required for published approach ROSSLYN LDA RWY 19). Recommend that only FS9 AFCAD2 be used for altering navaids.Expect to start testing KCLE fixes this PM.scott s..