Sign in to follow this  
lysse

Live ATC from Italy

Hi

Im looking for Live ATC from Italy.

The list from Live ATC has closed airports from Italy.

Greeting

Lysse

Chances are there is either a national law or regulation prohibiting such rebroadcast. Germany has one. Maybe someone else can cite the Italian basis for blocking live ATC broadcasts. Right from LiveATC.net:

*** IMPORTANT NOTICE ***
Please check to see if your country, city and/or airports of interest are covered by LiveATC *BEFORE PURCHASING* - check at: Listen to Live ATC (Air Traffic Control) Communications | LiveATC.net . Note that we have no coverage in the U.K., Germany, Iceland, Italy, New Zealand, Spain and other countries where streaming ATC communications seems to be prohibited by law. Available airports are subject to change at any time

It's the same as in the UK (and I believe it is now an EU wide regulation). You are allowed to own an airband radio but not allowed to listen to it! (unless you have an RT licence). It has always been that way. It's not a new regulation by any means.

Therefore any broadcasts of ATC transmissions (including the net) are deemed illegal.

Many many years ago I was stopped by the police on top of Terminal 3 car park at London Heathrow. I was listening to various Heathrow transmissions. However I do have an RT licence. You should have seen their faces lol when I produced it. There was nothing they could do!

• Upvote 1

Thanks for your feedback.

Too bad we can not hear ATC from Italy.

Perhaps there will be open later.

Happy new year.

Thanks for your feedback.

Too bad we can not hear ATC from Italy.

Perhaps there will be open later.

Happy new year.

If you have PF3 then you can hear controllers and italian pilots with Italian accents.

It's the same as in the UK (and I believe it is now an EU wide regulation). You are allowed to own an airband radio but not allowed to listen to it! (unless you have an RT licence). It has always been that way. It's not a new regulation by any means.

....However I do have an RT licence. You should have seen their faces lol when I produced it....

Yep! Another crazy UK law. Prostitution's another crazy one..... not discussing that on AVSIM, just making an observation! And yet.... the times I've visited the viewing park at Manchester airport, the amount of people listening to scanners I've never seen the police going around checking for the licences. If any aircrew are looking at the park at the time they taxi past, then the scanners are visible, however, I think even UK aircrews would have better things to do than report people for listening... Now actually transmitting on those frequencies... entirely different :Black Eye:  :Black Eye:  :Black Eye: 

Good on you for having the appropriate paperwork! I can imagine... a bit like the time a copper accused me upon getting out of my car, that quitting was an offence (leaving the vehicle with the engine running). I promptly showed him the keys.. the ticking noise he was hearing was the hot exhaust pipes contracting...

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Sorry...but what is PF3 ?

I would explain that i am about to create a folder for PRO ATC X with Italian sound (atc)

Therefore i need even more sounds.

Therefore any broadcasts of ATC transmissions (including the net) are deemed illegal.

Many many years ago I was stopped by the police on top of Terminal 3 car park at London Heathrow. I was listening to various Heathrow transmissions. However I do have an RT licence. You should have seen their faces lol when I produced it. There was nothing they could do!

I'm pleased they had nothing better to do!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776