Sign in to follow this  
KernalROM

X-Plane 11 and W2XP America

.. I encountered the very same problem ..do we have a solution ?????

BE ADVISED:

problem loading scenery package CustomScenery/W2XP_America

The scenery might not look correct.

Please see log.txt file for detailed info

Cheers

Yair

Er... did you read the topic...? Yes, there is a solution. If the solution doesn't work for you, check your log.txt.

Hey, I tried out W2XP_America, and after also stumbling across the missing FF Library and a bit of googling got it working last week, but have a question.

What exactly does it improve over HD Mesh v3?  Basically it added a bunch of buildings, but not particulalry in any realistic manner in which I could tell, and they all had very unrealistic colors to them, ie way too flamboyant if that makes sense ha.  Plus, the stock houses are way more realistic than what it changed them to.  Is this maybe just due to where I live (Southeast US)?  Without W2XP installed, everything just looks way more realistic.  I live about an hour from where Laminar is located, is it possible stock buildings are just closer to what I see on a daily basis?

I know this is a very highly recommended addon, so curious what I'm missing.

This was in XP10, haven't installed to XP11 yet.  Thanks for any thoughts, and to the developers that put in so much time and hard work!

Short answer is that the artwork was made for Europe only, so it looks bad in the US. That being said, someone is working on a much better W2XP theme for the US, so keep an eye out on this project

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/105685-usa-west-real-life-development-on-final/

Perfect, thanks for the info.  I'll check back when that is released and try it again.