Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

It would be nice to have a 'Stop' command in Voice Control

Today I was flying, turning base heading 140 and FS2Crew heard a sound and thought it said 'Heading 002'.  Maybe I said 'Heading', dunno.  In any case, I was frantically trying to get it to stop turning the dial...it didn't and I had to wait until it stopped to get my heading back under control.  It would be nice, in those situations, to be able to stop it from doing the wrong thing by either me saying 'stop' or by recognizing I'm spinning the same dial it is.  A very important thing to have.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Today I was flying, turning base heading 140 and FS2Crew heard a sound and thought it said 'Heading 002'.  Maybe I said 'Heading', dunno.  In any case, I was frantically trying to get it to stop turning the dial...it didn't and I had to wait until it stopped to get my heading back under control.  It would be nice, in those situations, to be able to stop it from doing the wrong thing by either me saying 'stop' or by recognizing I'm spinning the same dial it is.  A very important thing to have

That's already there.

I believe the phrase is: "CANCEL LAST COMMAND".

Cheers,

That's already there.

I believe the phrase is: "CANCEL LAST COMMAND".

Cheers,

I'm going to practice that!  :)

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

It happened again (A320 voice control).  This time engine noise caused the speech engine to hear "Turn Right Heading 040".  He starts turning the dial...I look up and see it and guess that it's him that's doing it...me saying 'cancel last command'.  It happened on VATSIM an ILS approach and my efforts to stop it were much too slow to save the approach.  Perhaps a command that I could assign to a button might have saved the approach.  Other than that, I'd just have to hard mute him just in case and fly the approach myself.

Gregg Seipp

Perhaps a command that I could assign to a button might have saved the approach. 

You mean a joystick button command for "Cancel Last Command"?

Are you using a headset?  Maybe try adjusting the mic sensitivity... lowering it a touch... keep your mic a bit further away from your speakers.

Cheers,

You mean a joystick button command for "Cancel Last Command"?

Yeah.  Might be wise. 

I'm using a new headset that has a really nice microphone...very clear.  After it happened I went through some voice recognition training with it...thought it might help.  Yeah, my thought was to, perhaps, turn the volume down some on the speakers or something.  I'll do some more tests. 

Gregg Seipp