Sign in to follow this  
rpowers

Xplane Demo ver jerky My system not good enough?

I am trying the xplane demo to see what it is all about.Been FSXing forever.I ran the demo with default settings and very jerky etc.My computer is i7-4770k  3.5ghz,8 gb ram,Invidia GTX 770 card.Is this good enough to run Xplane?Runs FSX fairly smoothly.Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

Forgot to tag this to notify me of responses,sorry,

Your system is fine.

Low on RAM, but should handle the demo with no issues. When I first installed the demo, I had bad stutters even though my FPS was high and no amount of turning the graphics down would fix it. I ended up finally upgrading to Windows 10 after trying dozens of other things and that fixed it.

Thank you for reply.I have win7 ultimate and keep trying to upgrade to 10 but gives me error message that cannot do it.

Have you by any chance already disabled Threaded Optimization in the Nvidia Control Panel?

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I have an i7-4770k at 4.2 ghz, a 3GB GTX780 and 16GB of Ram.  Xplane will take advantage of more ram than Prepar3d so 8Gigs is perhaps a bit low.  For smooth performance in the beta demo I ended up with the following settings: Maximum objects (Objects are a priority for me as cityscapes look too sparse with anything less); minimum reflections; medium visual effects, high texture detail; 4x AA, and draw shadows on scenery is OFF.  With those settings I get good balance between fluid performance (feels much more fluid than Prepar3d) with 20 to 30 fps and pleasing graphics. If I turn on HDR with 4xSSAA+FXAA frames drop down to the 15 to 20fps range and the sense of fluidness drops off as well. Lowering the AA helps, but then it's too shimmery. Shadows on scenery aren't worth the loss of fluidness either imo. Your specs are a bit lower than mine, but give those settings a try and see how you make out.

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

fluid than Prepar3d) with 20 to 30 fps and pleasing graphics. If I turn on HDR with 4xSSAA+FXAA frames drop down to the 15 to 20fps range and the sense of fluidness drops off as well. .

That's one of my basic issues with XP11 (and it was with XP10 already). Scenery looks so much better with HDR on and the highest AA, however performance goes downhill when enabling it. I still wait for someone to find a golden bullet on this.

I think I have a state of the art system with 32 GB RAM and XP11 actually does pretty well -  as long as I keep HDR off.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11