Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SirBismuth

General?
New Forum Member

7 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Now that my 24hrs is up, can finally introduce myself.  

I have been an FS pilot, on and off, for years from FS4 until FSX (which I currently use).  I recently reinstalled FSX after watching FS videos on Youtube.  The system I have is not the greatest for FSX, but it does the job for now, and I need to get myself a decent controller as well.

I recently acquired the PMDG 737NGX, and am loving it so far.

Plan on getting on VATSIM/IVAO as soon as I am comfortable with the 737.

B

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Welcome to AVSIM.  Sorry for the delay.  AVSIM is constantly under attack by evil spammers and hackers around the world. 

Best regards,

Jim

Hi Jim,

Not a problem and thanks for the welcome!  :smile:

Welcome & happy flying!

I'm at the other end of the FSX spectrum as it were - freeware & no friends (only a couple of payware aircraft and cannot connect to multiplayer...yet!)

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the welcome!

Only payware aircraft I have is the NGX, in my FS9 days my jet of choice was FeelThere's ERJ.  The ERJ was extremely well modeled, at the time I worked for an airline that operated ERJs, and I even used the same checklists that we used onboard the real aircraft for my virtual flights, worked just as well.  

For online flying, I will go with IVAO/Vatsim, once I am confident enough with NGX.  For offline flying I currently use ProATC/X, especially so that I can fly SIDs/STARs, and not just get vectored departures/approach like the default ATC does.  

Douglas Ulyate

Welcome SirB. Hope to see you in the air someday (from a safe distance though). :hi: 

Kind regards,

Thanks for the welcome SF!

Heh, talk about safe distances, was at cruise for Tutorial 2 of the PMDG NGX, and get a TA that turned out to be an AI Learjet, luckily no RA as it was climbing above me.  ATC was off, so wouldn't have received a traffic alert from them either.