Sign in to follow this  
jabloomf1230

My "Last" P3d V3 setup details

Since I've been spending a lot time with XP11 as of late, I thought that I would post the details of my P3d V3.4 setup for posterity, as it may be the last 32 bit version of the sim.

Hardware: i7-6700k CPU, EVGA GTX 1080, 32 GB RAM, LG 4K monitor, TrackIR, Saitek X-65F system with Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Software addons  presently in use:

Weather and Clouds: AS16+ASCA

Shader and Texture Mods: P3d Tweak Assistant*, EnvTex, Terra Emergence Project*, FTX Global HD Trees, REX 4 Worldwide HD Airports, FTX Global Base Pack

Weather and Aircraft special effects: Precipitfx

Mesh: FS Global Ultimate Next Generation (2017)

Vector Coverages: FTX Global Vector

Land Class: FTX Global openLC NA (and Europe openLC)

ATC: VOXATC 7.2 beta*

AI Traffic: My Traffic 6a

Joystick Control,  AI traffic limiter options. etc.: FSUIPC

Navaid updates: Navigraph 1613 (not updated to 1701 yet), Herve's Navaid Update*

Flight Planner: Little NavMap*

Airport Ground Traffic: GSX

GPS gauge: Flight1 GTN750

Weather radar gauge: Roland's radar gauge*

Live ATC chatter: LAAP*

* - freeware/donationware/free limited use beta

There are screenshots and videos posted here at AVSim and elsewhere online showing the improvements made by each of these addons. Suffice it to say, that not much is left visually from the default P3d except building textures and I expect that to go also when ORBX releases HD Buildings. I should also add that I do from time to time also use  VRS TacPack, FSX@War/CCP and for combat simulations.

• Upvote 1

Great post Jay,  Thank you sharing,  Very detailed indeed.  

You're welcome. I'm pretty much stuck these days with the A2A GA aircraft, the RealAir Turbine Duke and the Milviz Huey because of OOMs with other complex aircraft like the PMDG NGX and Triple 7. It's me of course not the sim. I could turn down the IQ settings and ditch some addons, but it's personal preference.

Thanks Jay, very informative post and nice to see what's under the hood of our fellow simmers machines.

Appreciate the links also, will be checking a few of those out.

Jd