Sign in to follow this  

PMDG NGX Youtube Tutorials

On 3/8/2017 at 9:17 PM, cleonpack93 said:

Hey flightdeck,

Could you do a video showing us how you handle a "Des Path Unachievable" and/or VNAV Disconnect message from the FMC? Especially when ATC is giving you shortcuts during the STAR.

Thanks!

On 3/9/2017 at 4:13 PM, andreh said:

Yes! I second this request

On 3/9/2017 at 4:35 PM, Gregg_Seipp said:

Thirded!

On 3/18/2017 at 4:45 AM, cleonpack93 said:

Hey sam,

Re-watched part three of your flight to Ibiza and saw you gave a really great explanation of descent management already. Thanks!

Another request: would you do a video about the different categories of landings, and how to choose between setting up for a category 2 landing vs a full category 3 autoland?

Here you go guys! 

https://youtu.be/5KiRK1ugHRY

If anyone else has any suggestions feel free to message me at anytime! 

Good Luck! 

2 hours ago, flightdeck2sim said:

Here you go guys! 

https://youtu.be/5KiRK1ugHRY

If anyone else has any suggestions feel free to message me at anytime! 

Good Luck! 

Just watched it. Awesome stuff. Never realized you could use speed. I always used level change and speed breaks only. Very helpful. Also for managing speed during decent to recapture the profile. I often  end up coming in hot on final after a shortcut but now I know how to manage it.  

Thanks

André 

On 3/9/2017 at 9:17 PM, flightdeck2sim said:

Any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me and I will always contribute to this forum, I was once that young kid playing FS2004 and trying to be as realistic as possible and I'm just returning to you guys what I wanted growing up!

What a nice thing to read :smile:

I'm a bit late to the party here but on the other hand that also means I already have a number of interesting YouTube clips to look forward to :wink:

Many thanks for your time and the kind gesture sharing your knowledge and experience with the flightsim community!!

All the best,

• Upvote 1

Richard Åsberg

18 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

What a nice thing to read :smile:

I'm a bit late to the party here but on the other hand that also means I already have a number of interesting YouTube clips to look forward to :wink:

Many thanks for your time and the kind gesture sharing your knowledge and experience with the flightsim community!!

All the best,

Thanks Richard! I'll always be a simmer at heart! I remember being at school and defacing the world map in my geography book with all the routes I'd plan to fly at the weekend!

7 hours ago, cleonpack93 said:

Just saw your CatIIIA video. Well done as always!

Thanks!

Take care guys. 

3 hours ago, flightdeck2sim said:

I remember being at school and defacing the world map in my geography book with all the routes I'd plan to fly at the weekend!

Today we use Google Earth VR, a HMD and a pair of hand controllers instead :wink:

Richard Åsberg

Watched this video and was wondering if there's a similar system found in the 737 NG?

Richard Åsberg

No, but there's other reference points described in FCTM

Subscribed a couple of weeks ago and watched every video more than once. I've been simming for almost 10 years and my learning from your tutorials is without doubt the best I have found.

Your delivery is professional and succinct and as I replied to you on YouTube, just a little fast at times for a non pilot ! Perhaps hit the pause button when doing some procedures which require explanation ?

Absolutely brilliant stuff, can't wait for next video !

Regards

Rob

• Upvote 1

Your videos have inspired me to finally learn the PMDG NGX, love them. Would love to see one flying into KSAN LOC Rwy 27.

Cheers

Martin

I have a question about the usage of EAI in the NGX vs the real aircraft.

When EAI is enabled the engines spool up but when EAI is disabled the engines don't spool down unless you flip A/T off and back on.

This is in the NGX. How is it in the real aircraft?

Richard Åsberg

On 4/20/2017 at 7:55 AM, Rob Massie said:

Subscribed a couple of weeks ago and watched every video more than once. I've been simming for almost 10 years and my learning from your tutorials is without doubt the best I have found.

Your delivery is professional and succinct and as I replied to you on YouTube, just a little fast at times for a non pilot ! Perhaps hit the pause button when doing some procedures which require explanation ?

Absolutely brilliant stuff, can't wait for next video !

Regards

Rob

Hi Rob, thanks for your feedback!

Yeah these tutorials are designed for experienced users, like yourself, of the NGX and for people wanting to take it to the next level. I'm showing you how to apply real word procedures as both PF and PM and the operational impact of what I'm doing. This does requires constant instruction and narration which will be difficult to understand for new-simmers.

I have toyed with the idea of pausing to explain points in more detail but I'd far rather let it run in real time and allow the viewer to decide when to pause and make notes/playback anything I've said.  I have taken on similar feedback and you might notice with newer tutorials I have slowed everything down and video editing/recording is still a completely new experience for me! 

All the best! 

On 4/20/2017 at 3:07 PM, MartinRex007 said:

Your videos have inspired me to finally learn the PMDG NGX, love them. Would love to see one flying into KSAN LOC Rwy 27.

Cheers

Martin

Hi Martin, thanks a lot, loving hearing feedback like this! At this moment in time I'll be conducting tutorials in Europe but in the future I will be making a playlist covering Real World Approaches and how we would fly them using my operators procedures. I've taken note and San Diego will be my first Approach when I fly State Side! I did my CPL in Goodyear AZ so not a million miles away! 

23 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

I have a question about the usage of EAI in the NGX vs the real aircraft.

When EAI is enabled the engines spool up but when EAI is disabled the engines don't spool down unless you flip A/T off and back on.

This is in the NGX. How is it in the real aircraft?

Hi Richard,

Depends what phase of flight you're in

Shouldn't need to cycle the A/T, it's independent of the selection of the EAI but should set the appropriate thrust for you. Selecting EAI on increases your idle thrust setting to "High/Approach Idle" and is a function of the EEC in the real aircraft. Approach Idle is selected when the flaps are in the Landing Configuration or EAI is on.

Anyway thanks for all the feedback! Next tutorial will be on Circling Approaches and we'll fly the LOC 04R Circle to Land 22L into Pisa (LIRP/PSA)

Following that will be my next Full Flight Tutorial! This full flight tutorial will include all the Applicable Plates/Charts and OPT Performance Calculations.

Also a massive thanks for the feedback which allows me to tailor/tweak my tutorials to make them as informative as possible. I also surpassed 750 subscribers this week which is unbelievable and some of the comments have been fantastic.

I'll continue to endorse the PMDG NGX because it performs remarkably like the real thing, for $60 you cannot get any better! 

Have a Great Weekend! 

51 minutes ago, flightdeck2sim said:

Hi Richard,

Depends what phase of flight you're in

Shouldn't need to cycle the A/T, it's independent of the selection of the EAI but should set the appropriate thrust for you. Selecting EAI on increases your idle thrust setting to "High/Approach Idle" and is a function of the EEC in the real aircraft. Approach Idle is selected when the flaps are in the Landing Configuration or EAI is on.

My example is during approach where slowing down can sometimes be a challenge depending on the situation, after getting shortcuts from ATC etc.

Having to switch EAI on at that moment isn't exactly what you're looking for and once/if you exit the clouds or the temp increases to at or above +10C meaning you can switch EAI off again you do want your thrust setting to return to where it was before you switched EAI on.

That however doesn't seem to be the case in the NGX unless you recycle the A/T. And this is without the flaps in landing configuration nor EAI enabled.

Give it a go yourself and you'll see what I mean.

Richard Åsberg

Ooh, I just thought of one that I know myself and many others have had a lot of questions about: operating the weather radar. Besides just turning it on and running it with the default settings, just what can be done with all those buttons for the WXR?