I have found that the more experienced controllers will not contact you if you're on final or on the TO roll. The less so, will and it's  annoying.

A quick PM when the busy bit's over will quickly explain why you were unable to contact them when they asked. Their reply to that dictates whether you continue dialogue with them.

Hi,

Nothing wrong with VATSIM - but if you're worried about coverage and proper procedures - have you heard of "PilotEdge" ??? It's a professional service that costs around $20.00 to $30.00 a month depending on region that is staffed by real world controllers using real world procedures - with guaranteed coverage - the only drawback I see is that you are confined to the Western US for flights and well - it's a paid service... It's used for official real world training...

http://www.pilotedge.net/

Best of luck...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I use my surface 3 from my company with jeppesen flight deck but I don't know if I can put a program like vatsim or vpilot on it.

The surface 3 can run normal windows apps as far as I know so you should be able to run Vpilot on it.

Just install vPilot on the surface 3

Then run vPilot in host mode with voice on your FSX machine

Run vPilot in remote mode with voice on the Surface 3, now you can see everything going on without needing to come out of FSX full screen mode.

vpilot.jpg