Sign in to follow this  
Dexter1979

A Kaby Lake Xmas in january

Wow.. can't say much..but wow. A very nice system you have build. I'm not going to guess how much $$$ you put into this but sure was tons. Really nice.

With this build, I am really curious about the performance with  high-end add-ons.  Say, a PMDG, Aerosoft or FSL at KSFO (by FlightBeam), with Northern CA by  ORBX... and a 50% traffic. P3D settings of at least 85%. This is what I enjoy, I currently get around 22fps in VC, in this scenario sitting on the runway. (I'm limited by VAS)

I have an Intel 6700K @ 4.7Ghz.  Sent it al the way to 5.0Ghz but there was no significant or noticeable improvement, so I left it at 4.7Ghz. But any way, I'm curious how well a 7700K performs under heavy P3D load.

10 hours ago, Dexter1979 said:

LOL... I have the best job in the world (by flight simulators fans standards)... try to guess what it is... :)

Thanks.. I took lots of time and work but at the end everything is fine...

Obviously a pilot ;o)  Go on then, really upset me.  What do you fly and who for?

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

Noticed in your photo of your delidding stuff, a tube of "super glue". 

I've never seen super glue used to reattach an IHS to a PCB before. Black thermal silicone yes. Is super glue safe for a PCB? 

13 hours ago, MarkW said:

You have a trust fund and are currently unemployed so simming time is unlimited. 

What you just described is Heaven... LOL... you forgot to say "with free P3D upgrades"...

Intel i9 13900KS - MSI MEG Z790 ACE Gaming - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - Corsair 32GB DDR5 7200MHz Dominator Platinum RGB - Samsung 1TB + 3x 2TB 980 Pro M.2 SSD Raid 0 - LG 4K 55" OLED C1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 PSU - Virpil Constellation Alpha L & R Grips + MongoosT-50CM2 Grip + MongoosT-50CM2 Base + MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle + Control Panel #2 + Ace Collection Pedals - Honeycomb Alpha XPC + Bravo - Stream Deck XL + PLUS - Corsair K100 OPX RGB Platinum + Nightsword RGB + MM800 RGB Polaris + 7000D Airflow Black Case - Tobii Eye Tracker 5 using OpenTrack - Wharfedale Evo 4.2 Speakers - SVS SB-2000 Pro Subwoofer - Bluesound POWERNODE - Herman Miller Embody Chair Black - ButtKicker Gamer PRO

4 hours ago, Charlatan said:

Obviously a pilot ;o)  Go on then, really upset me.  What do you fly and who for?

I fly 737NG (-700 and -800) for a panamenian company... (they are very picky about posting stuff with their name)... but if you google it you'll find it...

Flight simming is a way of life to me... 

Intel i9 13900KS - MSI MEG Z790 ACE Gaming - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - Corsair 32GB DDR5 7200MHz Dominator Platinum RGB - Samsung 1TB + 3x 2TB 980 Pro M.2 SSD Raid 0 - LG 4K 55" OLED C1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 PSU - Virpil Constellation Alpha L & R Grips + MongoosT-50CM2 Grip + MongoosT-50CM2 Base + MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle + Control Panel #2 + Ace Collection Pedals - Honeycomb Alpha XPC + Bravo - Stream Deck XL + PLUS - Corsair K100 OPX RGB Platinum + Nightsword RGB + MM800 RGB Polaris + 7000D Airflow Black Case - Tobii Eye Tracker 5 using OpenTrack - Wharfedale Evo 4.2 Speakers - SVS SB-2000 Pro Subwoofer - Bluesound POWERNODE - Herman Miller Embody Chair Black - ButtKicker Gamer PRO

2 hours ago, martin-w said:

Noticed in your photo of your delidding stuff, a tube of "super glue". 

I've never seen super glue used to reattach an IHS to a PCB before. Black thermal silicone yes. Is super glue safe for a PCB? 

It is safe only if you use a micro drop to secure the IHS corners... If you look at the Rockit Cool webpage it says that is safe... so I went for it and it worked...

1 hour ago, Dexter1979 said:

I fly 737NG (-700 and -800) for a panamenian company... (they are very picky about posting stuff with their name)... but if you google it you'll find it...

Flight simming is a way of life to me... 

Copa !

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

1 minute ago, MarkW said:

Copa !

:laugh::biggrin:

On 3/9/2017 at 6:53 PM, joemiller said:

Wow.. can't say much..but wow. A very nice system you have build. I'm not going to guess how much $$$ you put into this but sure was tons. Really nice.

With this build, I am really curious about the performance with  high-end add-ons.  Say, a PMDG, Aerosoft or FSL at KSFO (by FlightBeam), with Northern CA by  ORBX... and a 50% traffic. P3D settings of at least 85%. This is what I enjoy, I currently get around 22fps in VC, in this scenario sitting on the runway. (I'm limited by VAS)

I have an Intel 6700K @ 4.7Ghz.  Sent it al the way to 5.0Ghz but there was no significant or noticeable improvement, so I left it at 4.7Ghz. But any way, I'm curious how well a 7700K performs under heavy P3D load.

Damnnn, did not get an answer. Hummm, too bad; it leaves me wondering.  Would love to see how this Intel's 7700K  performs under those (^) conditions. Oh well. 

On ‎2017‎-‎03‎-‎09 at 7:04 PM, MarkW said:

You have a trust fund and are currently unemployed so simming time is unlimited. 

OH!!  That's my dream!!! 

On another note, my Kaby Lake is coming in this week!!!  My son's computer went to the virtual heavens...so I gave him my "old" 4770K.  He plays Ark Survival Evolved and loves it on that system...

Deal is, I get a new Kaby!!! Happy Birthday to me!!  LOL!

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

11 hours ago, netshadoe said:

OH!!  That's my dream!!! 

On another note, my Kaby Lake is coming in this week!!!  My son's computer went to the virtual heavens...so I gave him my "old" 4770K.  He plays Ark Survival Evolved and loves it on that system...

Deal is, I get a new Kaby!!! Happy Birthday to me!!  LOL!

Great man!!! Happy Kaby Lake BD to you... My previous pc had a 4770k OC'd to 4.6GHz and to me is a huge difference specially using heavies in large cities... if you OC the cpu to at least 5GHz you'll a happy camper...

On 3/12/2017 at 1:34 AM, joemiller said:

Damnnn, did not get an answer. Hummm, too bad; it leaves me wondering.  Would love to see how this Intel's 7700K  performs under those (^) conditions. Oh well. 

I might do what you ask... few days ago I was playing with the "shadercache=off" setting and I must say I'm impressed. With that setting ON and with the latest nvidia driver I usually started with 1.0gb ~ 800mb remaining on the runway at KSFO and when landing at KLAX I end the flight with FSUIPC alerting me of low VAS (less than 300Mb)... Yesterday I did the same flight but with that OFF with all Orbx NA regions except SCA and NCA and on runway 28L had a VAS of 1.5Gb remaining with the PMDG 737-800 and after landing at KLAX on the gate changing internal and external views constantly ended up with 950Mb ~ 900Mb remaining (using driver 376.33 but in W10 it shows up as 376.53)...

35 minutes ago, Dexter1979 said:

Great man!!! Happy Kaby Lake BD to you... My previous pc had a 4770k OC'd to 4.6GHz and to me is a huge difference specially using heavies in large cities... if you OC the cpu to at least 5GHz you'll a happy camper...

That's the plan.  

I delidded the 4770k and was able to get 4.6GHz myself.  Pretty damn good processor.  It's been going for about 5 years now, and I cleaned up the old thermal paste and replenished it with new stuff just before I gave it to him...dropped it another 3-5C.  Hopefully he'll get enough years out of it that he can buy his own next time!!

So, I plan to delid this new baby and see what I can get out of it!  Can't wait!

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

5 minutes ago, netshadoe said:

That's the plan.  

I delidded the 4770k and was able to get 4.6GHz myself.  Pretty damn good processor.  It's been going for about 5 years now, and I cleaned up the old thermal paste and replenished it with new stuff just before I gave it to him...dropped it another 3-5C.  Hopefully he'll get enough years out of it that he can buy his own next time!!

So, I plan to delid this new baby and see what I can get out of it!  Can't wait!

A delided 7700K is just awesome... I'm trying to OC to 5.2 or 5.3... Sometimes I think Intel make the 7700K just for P3D :laugh:... I've manage to OC the mem to 3866Mhz with 1.4v... Oh... that bring something over the table... I have 32Gb 4133Mhz ram but using XMP profile voltage of 1.35v I only get 3600Mhz... If you want faster than 3600Mhz... lets say 4000Mhz or full 4133Mhz you'll need 1.5v for the ram... 

18 minutes ago, Dexter1979 said:

If you want faster than 3600Mhz... lets say 4000Mhz or full 4133Mhz you'll need 1.5v for the ram... 

That the part of OCing I hate...memory!  Lol.  The faster you go on the CPU, the harder it is to OC the RAM.  With the 4770K, I was only able to keep it at 1600MHz or it became too unstable.  I was OK with that as I had pretty low latency anyway.

I only bought 16GB of 3000MHz Ram, so we'll see how it goes.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png