Sign in to follow this  
brianjmac

Looking for pics of KJGG

Greeting fellow flight simmers!  I am considering purchasing X-Plane 11 but would first like to see what my hometown airport looks like in the sim.  If possible, could someone post a few screenshots of Williamsburg-Jamestown Airport (KJGG) located in Virginia.  

Thank you!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Chance are pretty good that the airport won't have much definition to it.  Doing a search at the org forum, I didn't find anyone who has created an enhanced version and the XP Gateway shows this airport's release was 2014, but nothing too great to write home about.

If it's any consolation, the XP community has a vast array of designers and with a kind word and request, maybe someone can whip a better one up.

Outside of your home area, there are a ton of great airports created all over the world, and many of them are payware quality, for free.

EDIT:  A little deeper search, came up with this: http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/19302-kphf-newport-news-williamsburg-international-airport/

Belga12345 may be a good start to requesting your airport.  :smile:

Greeting fellow flight simmers! I am considering purchasing X-Plane 11 but would first like to see what my hometown airport looks like in the sim. If possible, could someone post a few screenshots of Williamsburg-Jamestown Airport (KJGG) located in Virginia.

Thank you!

This is the default airport, i think you could add an ortho4xp photoreal for the area, im using xEnviro but i had to clear the weather in some images as it appears very foggy.

edit: Sorry seems i posted at the same time of the previous post, did not see it.

X-Plane%202017-01-22%2020-01-57-20_zpspm

X-Plane%202017-01-22%2020-12-58-47_zpsxu

X-Plane%202017-01-22%2020-10-55-45_zpsja

X-Plane%202017-01-22%2020-10-54-31_zpsvt

Thank you to everyone for such a quick and thorough response!  It looks to be a fairly good generic reputation of the airport and surrounding area.