Sign in to follow this  
omnimae

Yaw Damper over compesate

Greetings.

After I solved the issues with the autoland, I decided to start again with manual landings, but is hard because the yaw damper try to over compensate each time I slight roll the plane during the final approach making the tail of plane to wiggle too much. Notice that I checked if by any chance the autoruder was enabled, but no, is disabled.

Jorge Lazaro.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

After I solved the issues with the autoland, I decided to start again with manual landings, but is hard because the yaw damper try to over compensate each time I slight roll the plane during the final approach making the tail of plane to wiggle too much. Notice that I checked if by any chance the autoruder was enabled, but no, is disabled.

I'd suggest that this is more technique than the damper. I've never had an issue with it.

I'd suggest that this is more technique than the damper. I've never had an issue with it.

Greetings,

I found the behavior weird, I know this plane is light years better than the fsx 737, but that model is so easy to fly, this one is so tail happy...

Jorge Lazaro.

Unless you are correcting a crab due to cross wind, there's not much you should be doing with the rudder during approach and landing.  If it is a cross wind, then a gentle application of yaw applied slowly until you have the desired picture.  Neither do I have problems with the PMDG NGX.