Sign in to follow this  
omnimae

What textures to Add?

Greetings,

I'm reentering in the fsx world, and I wasn't aware that were so many add-ons, I just added PMDG 737 and FlyTampa Montreal and FSDT JFK and I'm really enjoying them, but I want more, I want to improve the overall quality of the rest of the north America area, now I find I have two possibilities:

- ORBX with FTX Global vector and etc.

or

- GEX North America with UTX Canada.

This is the thing, I'm planning to fly on NorthAmerica only, I got spoiled by Fly Tampa and Fsdt and I only want to fly to after market airports, that why I'm ruling out to fly South America (Use to be my favorite place to fly, but too few or none Aftermarket airports), what are your recommendations? I'm afraid of OOM errors, I already got them and I only have 3 scenery installed (MONTREAL JFK and ORBX Iceland).

Thanks in advance for your responses.

I use Orbx Global for textures with UTX US and EU. You can use Global with UTX, you don't need to buy Vector. In fact I didn't buy Vector for a few reason, VAS usage reportedly being higher than UTX and a few other reasons. You can then also get Global Open LC North America.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I use Orbx Global for textures with UTX US and EU. You can use Global with UTX, you don't need to buy Vector. In fact I didn't buy Vector for a few reason, VAS usage reportedly being higher than UTX and a few other reasons. You can then also get Global Open LC North America.

My setup is very similar, FTX Global textures with NA LC, UTX Europe, and all of the North American FTX regions. I have Vector as well but after experiencing the hit to the VAS and other various issues I removed it and it's been smooth sailing ever since.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Greetings,

You dont have OOM problems? Im planning also to add AS16 + asca, is not too much overkill?

I have Orbx Global, Vector, the regions, and airports and was having issues until I installed FSX SE now no problems and that's using Active Sky and others.