Sign in to follow this  
Hangman

Radio Altimeter Callout

Hello, with respect to the BA 747s, I have noticed that the modelled 'radio altimeter' callout is not consistent with what I have seen in flight deck videos. The sim uses a standard 'Boeing' callout (male voice) however BA uses a callout with the same voice as modelled for '50 above' and 'decide'. A minor detail, admittedly. Perhaps it is airframe specific?

https://youtu.be/tZX_ddXzy3k?t=3m11s

Thanks in advance

Perhaps it is airframe specific?

BA's are unique. This is not a Boeing option.

• Upvote 2

Kyle Rodgers

It's a software thing... Probably Honeywell/Allied Signal accept new audio files and provide software updates to the airlines. There is a memory card slot in front on the EGPWS Computer and also an RS232 connector for software uploads.

Honeywell/airline copyrights may be expensive :wink:

Cheers

John H Watson

• Upvote 1

There is a file on Avsim containing the correct BA RA callout as opposed to the Boeing one. The file was intended for the original PMDG 747 and was a replacement for the GPWS file.

Is it possible to replace the GPWS file on the new 747 or is this complicated ?

Many thanks

Richard Foreman 

Callum,

Indeed we have one recording per callout implemented in the sim - the "50 above" and "Decide" callouts are the BA female voice, while the "Radio Altimeter" is the standard Boeing male voice.  I think with so many airline options, it would not be feasible to provide them all in the sim, but as Richard says, if you have access to alternative callouts then there is no problem to replace the sounds that came with the aircraft.  Make sure you backup the relevant folder before proceeding. Off the top of my head, the folder is in the FSX / P3D directory and the folder name is "CAWS".

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer