Sign in to follow this  
Leif9619

Go-Around procedure

A difference between the 777 and the 747, the 747 you wait until you see the flap bug you want to retract to before actually retracting. So if you are at Flaps 10 and you want to retract to Flaps 5, you wait until you see the green 5 bug, then retract to 5. 

In the triple, it is done slightly different. You actually retract before you reach the bug. It is actually quite marginal at really heavy weights in the 300ER.

We use VNAV at acceleration altitude (usually 1000ft AFE), it automatically changes reference thrust to CLB and follows the speed and altitude restrictions for the MAP. Much nicer than staying in TOGA or using FLCH. FLCH is the backup if you are flying a non standard MAP or if VNAV malfunctions (does happen).

Always beware of capturing ALT from TOGA. If you see the mode change to ALT on a GA, then your next move should be to check the A/T mode. If it is not in SPD, then you better be quick pressing the SPD button or alternatively manually holding the thrust levers back. Otherwise things will go pear shaped quite rapidly as you overspeed the flaps or exceed you max airspeed. 

Hilarious.

A thread that points out that the PMDG is blatantly wrong, presumably a bit of the FCOM they or their consultants (you know, all those type rated pilots) didn't get to because they're too busy making it look pretty.

PMDG, shock the flight sim world and acknowledge that you made a mistake and are going to fix it in some point in the future.

• Upvote 1

A difference between the 777 and the 747, the 747 you wait until you see the flap bug you want to retract to before actually retracting. So if you are at Flaps 10 and you want to retract to Flaps 5, you wait until you see the green 5 bug, then retract to 5. 

In the triple, it is done slightly different. You actually retract before you reach the bug. It is actually quite marginal at really heavy weights in the 300ER.

We use VNAV at acceleration altitude (usually 1000ft AFE), it automatically changes reference thrust to CLB and follows the speed and altitude restrictions for the MAP. Much nicer than staying in TOGA or using FLCH. FLCH is the backup if you are flying a non standard MAP or if VNAV malfunctions (does happen).

Always beware of capturing ALT from TOGA. If you see the mode change to ALT on a GA, then your next move should be to check the A/T mode. If it is not in SPD, then you better be quick pressing the SPD button or alternatively manually holding the thrust levers back. Otherwise things will go pear shaped quite rapidly as you overspeed the flaps or exceed you max airspeed. 

I second and agree completely...

A thread that points out that the PMDG is blatantly wrong

Oh, I have found several things that are not correct and I have only just started looking at it and fooling around with the newly released product. Are they receptive to fixing things, because when I made a nice comment with a question in their portal, they never answered me even after putting in 2 more requests. I thought it was pretty rude when they say they respond within 48 hours, they "never" answered me within 6 months.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the product and am amazed they can get it extremely close to the simulator and/or jet. I am a fan of both the 777 and the 747-400 and will purchase the 747-8.

Are they receptive to fixing things,...

To be fair I think they are; I don't think they're at all good at admitting when something is wrong. In the eyes of the FS community PMDG can do no wrong, even when they've dropped the ball as they have with this release. The problem is, PMDG believe their own hype.

• Upvote 1

To be fair I think they are; I don't think they're at all good at admitting when something is wrong. In the eyes of the FS community PMDG can do no wrong, even when they've dropped the ball as they have with this release. The problem is, PMDG believe their own hype.

nobody forces you to be in the cult .....