Sign in to follow this  
j35

RealAir Turbine Duke v2 not Available

The Comanche looks good but with a single engine it's limited to around 160kts. I would prefer a twin-engine otherwise after flying Concorde it's going to feel like I'm dragging an anchor around? :sad:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,

Concur - but at 5000 feet you'll be able to see the scenery... It really depends how much scenery you want to see - a TBM will do like 250 KTAS in cruise but that plane belongs in the flight levels... In the flight levels you really don't have any perception of speed... Just plan shorter flights - my limit is right around two hours max - with the hundreds of ORBX freeware airports available it should be very easy to pick a pair that meets you needs...

I remember the first time I fired up the Comanche - the sounds and sense of power the engine conveys when you open the throttle almost made me fall out of my chair - extremely immersive - and like many I've been doing this FS thing since monochrome - lol - I've been around...

Perhaps the Carenado Twin Commander might suit your needs - I've seen pretty positive feedback on the normally aspirated version - the turbine version will put you back in the flight levels... 

About all I can think of...

Regards,

Scott 

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Thank you Scott. Happy to take advice from someone who has the experience. I’ll watch some YT videos of the Comanche. It will be my first 3rd party GA so it’s bound to be a massive improvement over the default in both looks and flight accuracy.

Concorde is wonderful but it’s entirely unsuitable for certain types of flying.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

40 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Thank you Scott. Happy to take advice from someone who has the experience. I’ll watch some YT videos of the Comanche. It will be my first 3rd party GA so it’s bound to be a massive improvement over the default in both looks and flight accuracy.

Concorde is wonderful but it’s entirely unsuitable for certain types of flying.

I'm sure you will like the Comanche, but if you want an airplane, suitable for island hopping, I would put in another plug for the PC12.  (250+ kts cruise).

Bert

Thanks Bert. Added to the shortlist. :smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Reading the reviews of the PC-12 both give it high marks. With wx radar and terrain radar it’s now looking favourite. The only downside appears to be the lack of a decent manual.

Excellent advice greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone. :biggrin:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Took the plunge with the PC-12 from PC Aviator. They have 10% off each Tuesday and they also gave me a $5 voucher as I hadn't bought anything from them in a while. Got it for just under $31. :smile:

Now I just have to learn how to fly a totally different way. :biggrin:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

26 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Took the plunge with the PC-12 from PC Aviator. They have 10% off each Tuesday and they also gave me a $5 voucher as I hadn't bought anything from them in a while. Got it for just under $31. :smile:

Now I just have to learn how to fly a totally different way. :biggrin:

If you have money left over in the budget, you might consider the Flight1 GTN 750 as the navigation device.. that would be a very nice airplane indeed..

If you do, send me a PM for some additional goodies..

Bert

9 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

If you have money left over in the budget, you might consider the Flight1 GTN 750 as the navigation device.. that would be a very nice airplane indeed..

If you do, send me a PM for some additional goodies..

Thanks Bert. I'll see how I get on first.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather