Sign in to follow this  
j35

RealAir Turbine Duke v2 not Available

44 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I do not have the C441 - but it looks nice!

If the 300 knots is important - I'd also look at the Carenado TBM850.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/topic59072_post374483.html#374483

Alternately,  for island hopping,  the Carenado PC12 and Cheyenne are well done and reasonably fast.

Thanks Bert. The TBM850 looks brilliant. Does it have wx radar capability? I’ll look at all three.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

5 minutes ago, Chock said:

Nope, but the Fly Simware Cessna C441 certainly is. I have both of them, the alabeo one is prettier, but it's not a patch on the FSW one in terms of realism.

I’m ashamed to say that for general flying about I’m more impressed by looks than accuracy. :pedih: For serious flying Concorde remains my first choice.

Just seen your additional comment. What a pity the visuals can’t match the flight model. But I suppose that’s what the Real Air offered.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

The real problem is that the Alabeo one might be pretty, but it is all for nothing when it is terrible to fly, it isn't just a case of it not being an accurate depiction of the real aeroplane's performance, it is preposterously bad to the point that it is virtually unflyable. So unless you just want nice screenshots of it in your hangar with the parking brake on, then I would avoid it like the plague. Yes, it really is that bad.

The Milviz C310 is worth a look if you don't have that one. That looks good and flies good too.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

38 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Thanks Bert. The TBM850 looks brilliant. Does it have wx radar capability? I’ll look at all three.

I do not believe so, but it is a hot airplane ...

Bert

50 minutes ago, Chock said:

The real problem is that the Alabeo one might be pretty, but it is all for nothing when it is terrible to fly, it isn't just a case of it not being an accurate depiction of the real aeroplane's performance, it is preposterously bad to the point that it is virtually unflyable. So unless you just want nice screenshots of it in your hangar with the parking brake on, then I would avoid it like the plague. Yes, it really is that bad.

The Milviz C310 is worth a look if you don't have that one. That looks good and flies good too.

Thanks Alan. Such a damning indictment is now making me reconsider. I flew the default King Air 350 yesterday and yes, it wasn't a great experience but that's what you get with default aircraft. For a commercial offering to have such a poor flight model is not good at all.

The Milviz looks good and especially when you can improve it further with the GPS 3rd party addons.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

31 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I do not believe so, but it is a hot airplane ...

Thanks Bert. It was more of a wish than a mandatory requirement.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Folks,

The MilViz C310 has always been a favorite - however - it's got some serious issues in P3D that - to the best of my knowledge - haven't been corrected yet... There was some prolonged discussion on a major update to include fixes but we haven't seen it yet...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Thanks Scott. Not what I wanted to read but saved me a few bob. I appear to be running out of options.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

If you want a good looking twin which works in FSX and P3D, the Aerosoft OV-10 Bronco and the Carenado Cessna Skymaster are both worth checking out. Some Carenado stuff can be as iffy as the Alabeo stuff can be (it's not all bad, their Tomahawk is great for example), but the Skymaster is one of Carenado's good ones, the Aerosoft OV10 is great as well.

Both of them are somewhat unusual compared to most twins for FS, so that's kind of fun.The OV-10 is very fast too, it was used as a FAC aeroplane (as was the Skymaster, although strictly speaking, not the exact variant Carenado's one is), so you can chuck them about a lot if you like that sort of thing. The Skymaster is good with an engine out too of course, since it doesn't need loads of trimming to carry on flying it.

If you have Captain Sim's Weapon for FSX, both of those things take on an entirely new dimension of fun when you attach rockets and a machine gun to them and start strafing the hell out of your fancy add-on airports lol.

Alan Bradbury

Thanks Alan but neither really appeal. Unusual as you say.

Does anyone have Robert Young's email address? I remember him from years back and it seems such a shame that an aircraft that everyone raves about isn't available.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

7 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Thanks Alan but neither really appeal. Unusual as you say.

Does anyone have Robert Young's email address? I remember him from years back and it seems such a shame that an aircraft that everyone raves about isn't available.

Oh but it is available, search about and you can find it for sale on disk:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B002C1B3LA/ref=dp_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=all

Alan Bradbury

Thanks Alan. Does it work straight out of the box for P3D or do you need a patch? And if so where can that be obtained?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

5 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Thanks Scott. Not what I wanted to read but saved me a few bob. I appear to be running out of options.

Hi Ray,

At this point in time - I think the best GA option out there - is the A2A Comanche - it's got reasonable speed and range - lol - around 1000 miles with tip tanks - more than my butt can take... The STEC-30 AP is more of a hands on type of flying - won't fly a glideslope and turns need to be flown by hand or in heading mode... It's a bit quirky but a welcome change from bog standard... We've all been waiting for a twin from A2A but that hasn't happened yet either - but it is expected... The Comanche is not as fast as a twin but it will get you down range fairly quickly...

While I've been known to be pretty critical of Alabeo/Carenado (I also think I'm fair about it) - my "go to" light twin is the Alabeo C310... The sounds are awful - but since I own the MilViz model - that was easily swapped out (probably not a good choice for you then)... I've flown the Milviz/Alabeo side by side - and both FDE's are surprisingly good... It would be a toss up to pick a favorite... Somewhat to my own surprise I'm really enjoying this little plane...

Best of luck on whatever you decide...

2 minutes ago, Chock said:

I think that's the V1 not V2 - right ?

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Thanks Scott. I'll think about my options including those you have suggested.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Thanks Alan. Does it work straight out of the box for P3D or do you need a patch? And if so where can that be obtained?

The patches can be still be found online. But, if you don't want to wait for a CD to arrive, then as Scott says, and I agree, the A2A commanche is the best GA aeroplane you can get.

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury