Sign in to follow this  
j35

RealAir Turbine Duke v2 not Available

On 9/3/2017 at 1:10 PM, Gabe777 said:

Shame to see RA go down. I didn't even update my Duke piston to V2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Not happy at all.

I tried to go to their legacy site but could not log in.  It's been too long ago and too many email addresses ago to remember what I used when I bought the Duke Piston.  It's not the end of the world that I can't fly it, but it was sure a lovely aircraft that went to rest on my old system.  It had a real appearance in the air and on the tarmac.  The turbine did not turn me on that much, but I just loved the piston Duke.  For now I am content with my Carenado Malibu and 525 CitationJet, and maybe I will add the Cardinal again later.

John

On 04/09/2017 at 7:35 PM, Ron Attwood said:

I expect people will get over it...Eventually.

Don't agree I'm afraid. I think it's a waste.

They made the best GA addons ever. Period. Why not make them available, and if they don't want the money, we could make a donation to the NSPCC.

Now you can close the thread....lol.

• Upvote 2

On 2017-09-10 at 1:07 AM, Cactus521 said:

I tried to go to their legacy site but could not log in.  It's been too long ago and too many email addresses ago to remember what I used when I bought the Duke Piston.  It's not the end of the world that I can't fly it, but it was sure a lovely aircraft that went to rest on my old system.  It had a real appearance in the air and on the tarmac.  The turbine did not turn me on that much, but I just loved the piston Duke.  For now I am content with my Carenado Malibu and 525 CitationJet, and maybe I will add the Cardinal again later.

John

Sean and Rob (or at least one of them) still provide support for existing / old customers. Send an email and they can help you out with the login details etc.

• Upvote 1

Sorry for resurrecting this thread but having seem some very good reviews of the Duke I would really like to acquire it legally. If that is not possible could anyone please recommend the next best version?

I am considering the Alabeo Cessna C441 Conquest II. Is it a worthy alternative?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

27 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I am considering the Alabeo Cessna C441 Conquest II. Is it a worthy alternative?

Some believe this is a worthy alternative: http://flysimware.com/website/Cessna441.html

Maybe not as pretty as the Alabeo but clearly more depth and systems fidelity.  More options for panel add-ons too.

HTH,

Greg

Thanks Greg. I read the discussion about that version. Not being a r/w pilot I doubt I'd notice the differences in the flight models. Having flown Concorde exclusively for a couple of years I'd like to try something slower where I can appreciate the scenery. You don't get much opportunity to do that with an aircraft that flies at Mach 2. :smile:

If I'm honest I'd prefer 'pretty' to functional. I also want something I can get airborne in 5 mins or less. Just for those occasions when you want to hop around the many Caribbean islands that can't accommodate a large jet.

I'm open to other suggestions. The criteria is it must be a twin-engine so I can reach 300kts; nice looking VC and a weather radar would be nice as I use AS16.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 12/09/2017 at 11:26 AM, Gabe777 said:

Don't agree I'm afraid. I think it's a waste.

They made the best GA addons ever. Period. Why not make them available, and if they don't want the money, we could make a donation to the NSPCC.

Couldn’t agree more. I’m more than happy to make a donation to a charity in exchange for what is a highly respected addon. But just removing it from sale there are no winners. Such a shame. :sad:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Couldn’t agree more. I’m more than happy to make a donation to a charity in exchange for what is a highly respected addon. But just removing it from sale there are no winners. Such a shame. :sad:

I've flown the Turbine Duke more than any other aircraft over the last few months.  I wonder if they could sell them (or the donation thing) if AVSIM hosted a community support forum for their aircraft.  Honestly, it doesn't need much support and there are a lot of folks that have been through the issues...plenty of folks to help. 

• Upvote 2

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Bloody good idea Gregg! :biggrin: Although this is the FSX forum I am looking for something for P3D v3.4. I’m hopeful this aircraft is still compatible should your suggestion be accepted.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

25 minutes ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

I wonder if they could sell them (or the donation thing) if AVSIM hosted a community support forum for their aircraft.  Honestly, it doesn't need much support and there are a lot of folks that have been through the issues...plenty of folks to help. 

I agree.  While I understand their reasoning for ending their business activities, I never understood simply pulling their products out of distribution.  And yes, there are plenty of folks in the community (especially at these forum) who are willing to take on support issues.  In my business experience I learned long ago that there is always a way to create an win-win scenario... all that's really required is the will!

Greg

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I'm open to other suggestions. The criteria is it must be a twin-engine so I can reach 300kts; nice looking VC and a weather radar would be nice as I use AS16.

Hi Ray,

The 300 KTAS - is a killer - you might need to drop the propeller for that kind of performance...

:biggrin:

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I do not have the C441 - but it looks nice!

If the 300 knots is important - I'd also look at the Carenado TBM850.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/topic59072_post374483.html#374483

Alternately,  for island hopping,  the Carenado PC12 and Cheyenne are well done and reasonably fast.

Bert

43 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Ray,

The 300 KTAS - is a killer - you might need to drop the propeller for that kind of performance...

:biggrin:

Regards,

Scott

Scott, after Concorde everything is slow. :biggrin: I wouldn’t be planning to land at 300kts. :wink:. I just want the option to go fast if required.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Nope, but the Fly Simware Cessna C441 certainly is. I have both of them, the Alabeo one is prettier, but it's not a patch on the FSW one in terms of realism. Get the FSW one if you want a decent simulation of the Conquest II, the Alabeo one is only good for screenshots, it flies really badly and has terrible engine modeling, whereas the FSW one is spot on in that regard, so even though it isn't as pretty, it has it where it matters.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here