Sign in to follow this  
N1125Y

FTX Central V3. yes no ?

Hello all

Before installing FTX Central V3, does any one experienced any issues, I head some rummer, especially from P3D user that V3 is posing problems. I'm SE user so I would be more than happy to hear about SE user experience with the new V3 

Best to all

Yair

Well, if you want to buy any Orbx products now you have to have FTX Central V3 and migrate any of your previous products purchased at the Flight Sim Store over to OrbxDirect. I would go to their forum and see what others have posted. It appears most folks love it, although there has been a few issues with some folks.

The only issue I've had with Orbx and FSX:SE is the airport configuration tool. (which is part of the Vector package)

The tool did not find my Steam edition until I added a registry entry pointing to the installed location. This may have been unique to my install.

I don't like adding random registry keys, but this was the only way to get it to work. I then used the Registry bit in VFX central to remove this entry after finishing with the airport tool.

Otherwise, no problems.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

I have to say it is great and having everything organized is a plus.

• Upvote 1

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

it's worked flawless for me, i have a slowdown every now and then, if you already have backups of your products, you can use ftx central 3 to install everything you own, and its so much easier to purchase, i will be giving orbx alot more love when we have a 64 bit platform.

I just upgraded from Central v2 to v3. v3 works fine and as was already stated it is required to make any new purchases or obtain any product updates released after v3 was released ( Last November I believe).

The only negative I have noticed is that you cannot quickly switch from Global to the Regions in Central v3 as you could with v2. With v3 this function was removed so you have to do this by enabling/disabling scenery in the Scenery Library or use another third party program. The v3 method is not as quick and easy but using the Scenery Library allows you to be more selective as to what you enable/disable. With v2 you couldn't just enable Southern California, you only had the option to enable/disable the entire North America and all the regions you had installed together.

The best thing about v3 is that it lists all the products you have installed and lets you know when an update is available.

Ted 

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4