Hello dear avsimmers 

I built my pc 5 years ago. The specs are Core i3 2120 1155p , 2x4GB DDR3 1333mhz Ram , Radeon HD6670 2gigs 128bit graphics ,  Gigabyte H61 MA-D3V mobo.

I'm bored of compromising performance for graphics and vice versa and want to make some significant changes to run the P3D or FSX-SE smoothly with decent graphics.

Here, I'm able to find used i7 2600k or 3770k in good condition as the mobo is 1155p and thinking about putting a GTX 1060 inside. But I'm pretty much concerned about the mobo as it's old and not sure if it could run these hardware consistently. and i know that it's like impossible to make a stable cpu overlock on a H61 chipset motherboard.  

So , should i go for it without worries or keep saving money to build an entire new setup which will take a long time tbh. And i need precise answers about the performance of AMD products for flight simulators especially P3D. 

Thanks in advance

In my personal opinion, replace the motherboard/CPU and RAM first.  You'll notice the biggest difference there between what you have and the newer stuff.  Afterwards, you can work on a newer graphics card.

I'm in the same boat as you:

i7-2600K @ 4.75

16GB DDR3

NVidia GTX 780

Since I don't currently have a 4K monitor and only running 1080p, I'll be upgrading the board/CPU/RAM first since I wont really be stretching the legs of an upgraded graphics card all that much.  And whereas eventually I will get a new card, it wont be before a new monitor with a much higher resolution to justify the card.

However, your money, your decision.  Good Luck

In my personal opinion, replace the motherboard/CPU and RAM first.  You'll notice the biggest difference there between what you have and the newer stuff.  Afterwards, you can work on a newer graphics card.

Gavenger , thanks for response.  So if i change the mobo/cpu/ram first , will my graphic card make too much trouble ? or it'll be just as much better than what i get now ?

Not a huge knowledge base on Radeon cards as I prefer NVidia, but I don't think you'll have too much issue.  It works now, it shouldn't have any issues working in the future.  I would suspect if you were to have issues, you may (as again I don't know too much about Radeon cards) have an issue if you upgrade your OS (if your not already on Win10) and the driver isn't optimized for it.