Sign in to follow this  
Juergen

V SPEEDS w. UNITED LIVERY

Hi,

I am trying to load a flight from VCBI (Colombo, Sri Lanka) to OMDB (Dubai, UAE) flying a United Airlines livery with Pratt & Whittney engines. After entering all the data into the CDU I can not get the FMC to calculate the V-speeds (no error message: V-speeds not available).

I than used a Lufthansa livery with GE engines, loaded the same panelstate, performed the same CDU input steps and the FMC calculated the V speeds.

On both aircraft the options are set to default and the option "FMC calculates V Speeds = YES".

I don't know what else to check

Thanks for help

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You may have to confirm your weight on the PERF INIT page before it will calculate V Speeds. Some airlines have the option enabled whereby you not only have to enter the weights, but you also have to confirm them. Regrettably, I haven't done a UA flight yet so I don't know their options, but it's certainly a possibility that's your issue.

I'm not sure if this is your issue but try clicking on the gross weight entry if there is an arrow next to it on the PERF  INIT page.  1LSK  I hope this helps.

Regards,

Todd Legon

Juergen,

We've seen this on numerous occasions, and all of them in posts claiming to have completely filled out the PERF INIT page. This usually isn't the case however. Look at the top left of the PERF INIT page. I'm willing to bet you'll find that the GW has a '<' next to it. Similar to the very V-Speeds you're looking for, the '<' next to the GW means that you need to confirm that weight value.

Play close attention to your workflow, especially because these different liveries come with different company options. In this case, the United livery comes with the weight option (where the aircraft has (a) sensor(s) that calculates the weight of the aircraft that you simply confirm).

Hi,

You were ALL correct and even won the bet. I most certainly overlooked/did not know what the bracket was for.

Question: How/where can I find out about the various differences in liveries?

Thanks for help and the quick response

Juergen,

The best way is to just use them, and you can look at the options in the PMDG SETUP > menu (of the MENU page). If you're up for a little bit of figuring things out, the <sim root> \ PMDG \ 747 \ Aircraft folder has a bunch of ini files in it, which you can open up and look at the various options, though the individual lines might not all be obvious.

The intro goes into the meaning of the various options (every single one of them).