Sign in to follow this  
nighthawk65

Initialization Freeze

The A/C is freezing as the Initialization hits either 1 or 0. The only thing that I have done recently is to update my FSDT setup_addonmanagerX with their latest version, to see if it solves a sporadic NTDLL.DLL error that I have been getting. After I installed the latest vs. I started P3D and the freeze started again.

I shut down and restarted and tried default settings with no aval. Both 737 and 777 are loading without issue. Will try original remedy that I was provided last time to see if it works at lunch. I will report back.

NOTE: I have noticed that this has now happened when I updated ASN and when I updated FSDT to update my COUATL.exe. I am curious if this is going to continue to occur when updating support programs for P3D.

V/R

Kris

Kris (full names in the forum please),

Please have a look at the pinned Issue Tracking Thread, Item #2 under "Found / Fixed / Adjusted."

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle,

Although not explicitely mentioned in the 'Found / Fixed / Adjusted' thread, the solution about removing your sounddevice line from the options.ini fixed this very issue for me. Do you think the post can be adjusted so that it also mentions initialization freezes/flightsim lock-ups? Because mine never crashed to desktop but just completely froze on a single frame.

Edward Blom

On 2/27/2017 at 2:22 AM, Edds01 said:

Kyle,

Although not explicitely mentioned in the 'Found / Fixed / Adjusted' thread, the solution about removing your sounddevice line from the options.ini fixed this very issue for me. Do you think the post can be adjusted so that it also mentions initialization freezes/flightsim lock-ups? Because mine never crashed to desktop but just completely froze on a single frame.

Edward Blom

+1 for that fix, had the exact same problem.

On 2/26/2017 at 8:22 AM, Edds01 said:

Kyle,

Edward Blom

Point #2 in Found / Fixed / Adjusted seems to address this pretty explicitly, or am I missing something?

Kyle Rodgers

so how do you fix this problem it happened to me again the last time it did I had to uninstall fsx and reinstall it how do I fix it from freezing without redoing fsx

I am having the same problem its only with the new 747 I don't understand why it is happening ot was fine this morning then it started doing it I don't know why

4 minutes ago, ACER1701 said:

plane is freezing once it hits 0 and I cant do anything help

Did you try what Kyle Rodgers mentioned in the second post of this thread?

On ‎2017‎-‎02‎-‎16 at 9:52 AM, scandinavian13 said:

Kris (full names in the forum please),

Please have a look at the pinned Issue Tracking Thread, Item #2 under "Found / Fixed / Adjusted."

how do I do that ill try it once I know how to

45 minutes ago, ACER1701 said:

how do I do that ill try it once I know how to

Per Ryan Maziarz of PMDG support "If you're experiencing this, open your <sim root folder>\PMDG\PMDG 747 QOTS II\747QOTSII_Options.ini file and delete the "SoundDevice=" line from the file."

On 2/28/2017 at 6:27 AM, scandinavian13 said:

Point #2 in Found / Fixed / Adjusted seems to address this pretty explicitly, or am I missing something?

Kyle, I think you misunderstood me there because I explained it wrong. My apoligies.

What I meant to say was:
Point #2 fixed my problem but does NOT describe my symptoms. e.g. Point #2 only talks about CTD/Crash To Desktops being the symptom and not game freezes or freezes after initialization time counts down. The fact that it did not match my symptoms made me overlook the solution the first time I looked there to see IF pmdg had identified the issue and found a fix/workaround. I only went there after you pointed out that there was a fix to be found in the thread (and even then I had to go through the list and see which sounded most likely to  sorta be like my issue).

My suggestion was to add the symptom of freezing upon initialization to complement the current list.

Kind regards,

Edward Blom

When I select my pmdg 747, minutes later the screen freezes and P3D stops working. Sometimes it loads the plane for about 5 minutes, the screen freezes and then P3D stops working.
I have formatted my PC and reinstalled windows 10 64 bits, in addition to this I installed p3d again (3.4.22.1986) and activate sky 2016, then install the 747 and update it through the OC to version 3.8189, but when I start P3D with this airplane , The screen freezes and P3D stops working.

I can not fly this plane.

I need help.

Bercely Chacón