Sign in to follow this  
HarryStamper

CTD MSVCR120.dll

Hallo

I've had this CTD for 5 or six times always after around 5 hrs...

I have researched a lot of topics and haven't found a soltution for that :(

Comes apparently often before. ( also many Threads in the Prepar3D Forum)

Error Protocoll

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: Prepar3D.exe, Version: 3.4.22.19868, Zeitstempel: 0x588f7cbf
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: MSVCR120.dll, Version: 12.0.21005.1, Zeitstempel: 0x524f7ce6
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x0000ee2c
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x28c8
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d28d4d39a30f7c
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: D:\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\MSVCR120.dll
Berichtskennung: ef9c82ca-f9a1-11e6-9b21-4ccc6a460a12
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:

Thank You

Best regards

Marco Heinzel

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Have a look at this post over at the LM forums:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=120678#p153287

I had been getting these crashes after 10+ hours and there appears no solution forthcoming. I do not know if this is a solution, but worth a look. I am currently running one of my long haul flights (YSSY-KDFW) where I suffered this crash to see whether it solves the problem.

Unfortunately it seems this is not the solution we are looking for. My usual "crash" flight again crashed with MSVCR120.DLL. Back to workarounds I guess.

I am almost sure that this file is part of the C++ Redist 2015 install.  I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the x86 and x64 files again from Microsoft.  You may have something corrupted and hopefully this will fix.

7 minutes ago, MarkW said:

I am almost sure that this file is part of the C++ Redist 2015 install.  I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the x86 and x64 files again from Microsoft.  You may have something corrupted and hopefully this will fix.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the suggestion. This is a known issue (the CAPT PFD bug in the 777) in P3D. I submitted a ticket a while ago, and it seems that PMDG have reached out to LM on this issue but it seems some common ground cannot be found - like LM wanting to see their source code for example. I was hoping that this might be the silver bullet but sadly not. While there are proven workarounds (like never using the CAPT PFD), it is still unsatisfactory considering the investment in the add-on plus the platform. I am almost tempted to reinstall FSX and buy the FSX 747 to be at least able to complete a long haul flight as it was intended.