Sign in to follow this  
jhugz

PMDG 747 Question

Recommended Posts

I'm in training at a 121 cargo airline and I'm looking at downloading the PMDG for FMS and flow practice.  I'm just not sure if my computer will run it.  It's a i3 laptop with onboard graphics.  I know this is way below the minimum requirements for the add on but again I'm not looking at flying the thing.  I just really need it as a FMS trainer.  Any thoughts?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You should be able to "run" it. The FMS is also available as a 2D popup in the 2D view, where the 3D Model doesn't affect the performance anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, serviceceiling said:

You should be able to "run" it. The FMS is also available as a 2D popup in the 2D view, where the 3D Model doesn't affect the performance anymore.

thank you.  I appreciate the input.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jhugz said:

thank you.  I appreciate the input.  

You're welcome. The good thing is that you can also have some "fun" with the sim itself once you upgrade to a better system at some point. 

On a sidenote, full names are required in this forum. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, serviceceiling said:

You're welcome. The good thing is that you can also have some "fun" with the sim itself once you upgrade to a better system at some point. 

On a sidenote, full names are required in this forum. 

How and where do I enter my name?  Sorry new account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jhugz said:

How and where do I enter my name?  Sorry new account.

Some where in the settings, there is(used to be) an area where you could set up your signature so that it was placed automatically at the end of each of your posts. I had a quick look but could not remember where it is. So, no wonder you did not see it when you first joined up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, por930 said:

Some where in the settings, there is(used to be) an area where you could set up your signature so that it was placed automatically at the end of each of your posts. I had a quick look but could not remember where it is. So, no wonder you did not see it when you first joined up.

It probably didn't help that the forum layout changed completely. I just had a look around and I can't even find it.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You may have to wait a day or two before your profile page allows you to enter a signature.

Cheers

JHW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ability to add a signature was initially missing from the Account Settings pages after the site remodel. It's now working properly, however.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this