Sign in to follow this  
RichieFly

Last Update Results in Broken CP?

Hi,

I was in the process of starting a flight in P3D. CP did an update, unbeknownst to me. (no pop-up or anything)

Now, I have no external views; well, to be precise, I have a outside view and it's 'locked spot' and selecting any other outside views does nothing.

Internal views are fine. Cinematic views are working, I think. Didn't stay there too long.

Also, the sim now starts paused? WTH?

Do I have rabies or is this a problem with the update?

I have a report file available.

And yes, I've looked through all the settings and there's nothing I can see that's changed. I have to say, the pause at start of sim is really, really annoying. I can't say why that it's annoying. But, it is...really.

Edited by RichieFly
Note:

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Yes. No joy.

I looked at the report text file. Not knowing what to look for...but I did notice more than one line with

[CameraDefinition.002]

I can't attach the file, as only image files are accepted.

Thanks for replying.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Remove the cameras.cfg file,
run the sim,
shutdown the sim,
run ChasePlane,
run the sim

Let me know if that works!

• Upvote 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Will do!

Richard Chafey

MSFS 2020, DCS

P.S. I pushed another update, removing the initial pause issue, thanks for pointing it out!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Yes. Am glad to report that CP is working as before.

That's what I call: SUPER SERVICE!

Thank you.

BTW, Here's what was going on when the problem began:

I was loading a simple flight with a simple aircraft; checking an airport with interesting weather per aviation weather.

As soon as the aircraft was loaded I started trying to 'look around' outside the aircraft...including using the locked spot view.

As I noticed CP not seeming to respond, that's when I noticed the locked on 'locked spot' view. And, also noticed that CP had updated (seeing the "What's new" dialog.

All's well that ends well.

Richard Chafey

MSFS 2020, DCS

Thanks for the report and the feedback, really appreciated!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Don't know if this is related,  but followed the instructions as mentioned, and things have been fixed for CP,  but is the collateral damage when CP starts that it says we found a problem and have fixed it that it deletes all the key/button/axis mapping in FSUIPC?  I have done nothing to FSUIPC and now find that every mapping that I ever had, has disappeared.

Regards,

Brett

8 hours ago, RichieFly said:

Yes. No joy.

I looked at the report text file. Not knowing what to look for...but I did notice more than one line with

[CameraDefinition.002]

I can't attach the file, as only image files are accepted.

Thanks for replying.

I have the same issue. Where do I find the report text.file?

Thank you

8 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

Remove the cameras.cfg file,
run the sim,
shutdown the sim,
run ChasePlane,
run the sim

Let me know if that works!

Where do I find the cameras.cfg file?

Thank you

Have the same problem, but need a more precise explanation on what to do. Where do I find Cameras.cfg?

SAS264

Cinematic mode also has a problem picking the right view. I let p3d built a new camera.cfg as suggested here however whenever I activate cinematic mode, cp choses the gimbal view under aicraft view instead of picking outside view.

problem.png

I had the same Problem (except for the Pause-Issue at the start) and your fix worked great. Thanks a lot...

Camera.cfg is at %appdata%... Same Location as Prepar3D.cfg etc...

Cheers and thank for this Great Tool!