Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

Orbx Innsbruck

[John Venema]

You will have LOWI on your PC this weekend all going well.

Sounds promising. :biggrin: (didn't really want a toothy grin a 'Smiley ordinaire' would have sufficed)

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Well good for you - and all others who will get it right after its release. It does indeed look like another Jarrad masterpiece. But I'll just have to wait unti Orbx implements Paypal as a payment option again...

Cheers

Mallard

• Upvote 2

Your nose, your face. It'll be a looong wait.

47 minutes ago, Mallard said:

Well good for you - and all others who will get it right after its release. It does indeed look like another Jarrad masterpiece. But I'll just have to wait unti Orbx implements Paypal as a payment option again...

Cheers

Mallard

Why not just get a credit card, or use the one you have.  Such low risk (actually zero risk of actually costing you money due to fraud.....perhaps a pain to deal with).  I can't imagine depriving yourself over whether or not a vendor takes PayPal.  Personally I arm myself with it all....Amex, Visa, MC, PayPal, Apple Pay.  As long as you pay it off every month no big deal.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I've burnt through five (!) credit cards straight after direct purchases with several online shops over the last couple of years - and all claimed "Noooooooooo! That wasn't us! Your system must be compromised with malware/worms/viruses/the pox!" when I pointed this out. Funnily enough, whenever I brought the topic up on the respective forums, there were a rush of "me too, there and then." replies.

After my second card I got down to the nitty gritty - and as far as I can tell after running a number of diagnostics, the problem is with a high degree of probability not on my end. It has indeed been a real pain in the ar#e waiting for the replacement cards. Anyway - I never had this issue when paying through Paypal. And that is a service to the customer that is in the meantime offered by the vast majority of online shops selling flightsim products - except for one notable one. In addition, credit cards are - for example in Germany - by far not so common in Europe as you might want to believe. This issue is again circumvented with the payment options that Paypal offers - and Stipe, for example, does not.

But, no, people who do not have a credit card - and who would never need one for anything else except for wanting to buy the products of one single developer who has pulled all options of buying their products through third party retailers - are expected to go out and rack up additional fees for the privilege of buying these products? Really? Well - that's why I'm not going to support those kind of developers any more until they bring back a more customer-friendly approach. (I nearly spilt my coffee over my keyboard a while back, when someone mentioned the problems he had had with paying through Stripe and was seriously advised to go and change his bank!! Oh, and by the way - Stripe can and does also do the six-month block on accounts from time to time...)

So - yeah, Insbruck looks absolutely amazing, and knowing Jarrad's magic touch it will be excellent to fly into and out from on the vast majority of rigs imaginable, even though it will be packed full of eye-candy and goodies (heaven knows how he does it) - but if Orbx chooses to continue to ignore their customers (and the Paypal issue is just one of a number of issues since they decided to put everything under their control) I will just have to give it a miss...

Cheers

Mallard

John Venema..again

Not going to be this weekend guys, sorry. There are still some things Jarrad has to finish so you'll have to wait just a bit longer.

Angst saved for another week. :biggrin:

Ron, I will definitely we waiting for your report on how the VAS and framerates are with this scenery and a complex aircraft (NGX, A320x or Majestic Dash 8) heading into Innsbruck.  It all hinges on performance as to whether I would buy.......that and having 10GB of extra disk space on the SSD to accomodate it.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

On 3/3/2017 at 9:20 AM, Mallard said:

I've burnt through five (!) credit cards straight after direct purchases with several online shops over the last couple of years

Hello,

I know this post is over a month old now, but i had to reply.

Just got burnt today with card fraud. Luckily, they didn't manage to get a single penny from my account. I just got back into flight sim after many, many years of inactivity, so i was doing some shopping, upgrading to newer software. I think the culprit was the UTX installer. All the other pages i've been to were marked as secure, but UTX was using a payment processor inside the installer. I knew it was a bad idea the moment i saw it, but i went through with it. Now i'm wiser, or so i'd like to think.

Don't use your main card for internet payments. It's a very bad idea.

Cristi Neagu